Research Technician II
The Orengo lab aims to foster a collaborative and scholarly scientific environment. Our lab culture best melds with individuals who are highly self-motivated, passionate, creative and most importantly team oriented. We feel that science is an exciting and rewarding career worth a major investment of time and energy.
Join a new start up lab working on motor neuron disease using cell culture, zebrafish and mouse models. Position requires an individual with existing research experience capable of independently preparing and organizing lab reagents, genotyping animal colony, performing experiments, record keeping, ordering supplies for the lab and producing novel ideas for increasing efficiency in lab practices.
- Prepares and conducts laboratory research experiments.
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data.
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments.
- Selects, evaluates and applies techniques used in routine research.
- Orders laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- No experience required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston