Research Coordinator II
The Section of Epidemiology and Population Sciences is seeking a research coordinator II, to coordinate day to day activities for the Houston Hurricane Harvey Health Study (Houston-3H Study). The coordinator will conduct all recruitment aspects of the study and they will send out survey packets, consent participants, coordinate the collection of specimens (e.g., saliva samples), track all data in the database, and conduct telephone calls to potential participants. The research coordinator will manage the day to day activities of research protocols which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring of research participants to ensure accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of research participants.
This is a part-time position expected to last up to six months, from September 2020 until February 2021.
- Coordinate and schedule participants enrolled in an ongoing epidemiological study to register them for follow-up study activities.
- May contact research participants by phone or email to inform them about the follow-up exercise.
- Coordinate necessary arrangements to deliver data collection materials to the study participants, and continue to provide additional research material for data collection.
- Follow protocol procedures.
- May handle phone calls, some printings, mailings, and general project management needs.
- Will work in the database for tracking study participants, consent status, and sample collection.
- Interview, screen and recruits patients for study; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Maintain records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Retrieve and submits test results to appropriate party.
- Order supplies and equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with public health research
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft productivity software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Experience answering or administering questionnaire survey
- Experience with using or designing computer-based survey instrument (e.g., RedCAP, SurveyMonkey)
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston