Renovations Project Manager
Reporting to the Renovations Supervisory Project Manager, the Renovations Project Manager will lead execution of multiple assigned non-capital projects from conception to completion. Projects are valued up to $3 million, vary in difficulty and complexity, and utilize a variety of contracting methods.
The Renovations Project Manager will represent Virginia Tech during the design/construction process and serve as the primary contact and will be responsible for the following:
• Managing and coordinating the project team (Architects/Engineers, consultants, contractors, stakeholders, etc.) and providing support to the Renovations Supervisory Project Manager to achieve successful project outcomes.
• Ensuring design and construction maximizes university program goals while conforming to the project's established criteria for scope, cost, schedule, and quality.
• Managing assigned projects and coordinating the involvement of all participants in the design, value engineering, document review, identifying term/on-demand contractors, developing and gathering of bid documents, issuing projects for bid, managing the bidding process and reviewing/clarifying proposals with A/E's and contractors, construction, occupancy, closeout, warranty, and financial management processes.
• Ensuring all applicable procedures and policies are adhered to for all phases of the construction process of non-capital construction and renovations projects.
• A master's degree from an accredited college or university in Architecture, Engineering, or Building Construction; OR a combination of education, training, and work experience that equates to an advanced degree.
• Working knowledge of site/building design and construction processes including LEED and accessibility requirements.
• Excellent communication, team building, organizational negotiation, project management, and records management skills .
• Ability to create and manage a team to meet project goals.
• Proven customer service skills.
• Ability to interpret design/construction documents; ability to read/interpret construction schedules and have knowledge of building codes and construction means and methods.
• Must be detail oriented and computer proficient.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects, excellent organizational and delegation skills, and ability to work collaboratively in a diverse organization.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License.
• Experience in public procurement and administrative processes.
• Higher education facilities experience.
• Experience with project management software including AutoDesk products, SharePoint, and Microsoft Office.
• OSHA 30 Training
Commensurate with Experience
October 21, 2020
• This is a full-time, calendar year, restricted appointment which may be renewed annually. However, there is no presumption of renewal for this appointment. Continuation of this appointment, even during the initial year, is subject to the availability of funds, the need for services, and satisfactory performance. Faculty on restricted appointments are not eligible for severance benefits.
• Work is performed both in office setting and also at construction sites.
• Must be able to travel to construction sites and traverse uneven terrain.
• Must be able to climb stairs and inspect construction in progress.
• Must be able to move and handle up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, reach, bend, climb, push/pull and perform repetitive motion primarily through use of keyboarding.
• Must have a criminal background check and have a driver's license check.
• Work hours are normally M – F 8 a.m - 5 p.m., however additional hours or modified
schedule may be required to meet the needs of the department.
• Travel to meetings throughout the state and to non-Blacksburg sites with some overnight stays.
• As situation dictates, must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• This position meets the criteria for issuance of a mobile communication device (such as radio, cell-phone, I-pad, I-pod, pager, etc.). Devices issued are the responsibility of the employee and are to be returned in satisfactory condition upon separation of employment. Devices are to be used according to supervisor instruction and according to relevant policies.
• After hours and weekend work may be required to meet the needs of the department.
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Operations HR at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: September 21, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Architecture Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg