Admissions Specialist - Full-time
Truman College is seeking an Admissions Specialist to join our team. Truman College is an open enrollment institution and students are accepted year-round. This position requires strong collaboration with CCC recruiters to secure enrollment from prospective applicants and maintaining effective follow-up by using various tracking systems. Serve as a member of the Admissions Team managing student intake to assist in achieving enrollment goals for the college.
- Track student participation from application to enrollment by using various data tracking systems.
- Contacts new applicants through phone calls, emails, etc. to assist with completion of enrollment process.
- Follows up with new and existing applicants to ensure enrollment and registration.
- Prepares reports to reflect both outreach activities and outcomes.
- Assist new applicants who walk-in or call-in seeking admission to the college.
- Informs new students and families of the admissions requirements, transfer guidelines, financial aid and scholarship information.
- Gathers information from prospective students who did not enroll via individual interviews, focus groups, and other means to better understand our value proposition, marketing, and customer service.
- Works collaboratively with recruiters, Registrar's Office and other key departments/individuals within the college to create a seamless transition from application through enrollment and registration process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, Liberal Arts, Marketing, Public Relations, Counseling, Guidance, Psychology or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience interacting with students, clients and customers or a minimum of 2 years work experience in student advising or in the area of Social/Human Services.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and database management, including, but not limited to PeopleSoft.
- Ability to organize materials and work with a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to gather and analyze data using basic research methods and databases.
WE OFFER : Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long term saving investment programs including 103(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago