Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
The City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) is made up of seven colleges, the largest community college system in Illinois and one of the largest nationally. We provide more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education. CCC supports students in meeting their goals – whether that is pursuit of a credential to head into or advance in the workforce, an associate degree with the intention to transfer to a four-year college, free GED or ESL courses, or continuing education. CCC seeks candidates committed to our students' success and offers a unique opportunity for faculty and staff to have a lasting impact in our students' lives.
The Office of the Institutional Advancement (OIA) serves the educational goals of the City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) by increasing awareness of CCC's programs and outcomes among prospective students as well as internal and external stakeholders.
The District Marketing and Communications Department strives to create and maintain a strong, highly integrated district wide strategic marketing plan, essential to promoting the City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) brand, building public awareness and a positive image of CCC, and supporting student recruitment strategies. In addition, the external communications program advances City Colleges' strategic performance goals and leverages the coordinated resources of the Office of Institutional Advancement.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Strategy, the Social Media Manager is responsible for content strategy, execution, and measurement for all CCC social media marketing channels and emerging platforms, as well as monitoring and developing paid search, display, and various pay per click (PPC) campaigns. The position develops a comprehensive content calendar and creates a steady stream of organic and paid social media content, leverage performance metrics to experiment, test new content ideas, and drive lead generation.
The Social Media Manager also works cross-functionally with key stakeholders across colleges and district office departments, working collaboratively in writing, reviewing and editing content for social media to ensure quality and consistency in CCC's brand voice. Performs related duties as required.
- Writes, edits, and manages all social media content, ensuring content is relevant to CCC goals and objectives.
- Collaborates with college social media representatives to ensure brand consistency and best practices across all CCC social media platforms.
- Leads end-to-end execution of paid social campaigns. Builds, monitors, and optimizes campaign delivery, cost efficiencies, and performance based on established goals.
- Develops and improves on CCC social media KPIs and measure the success of each social media campaign and account.
- Working in close collaboration with the Director of Digital Strategy and Vice Chancellor of Institutional Branding and Strategic Marketing, recommends and evaluates targeting and segmentation strategies throughout the prospective student journey.
- Participates in the development and implementation of marketing, recruitment, and branding campaigns and message strategies that contribute to an overall inbound marketing strategy.
- Communicates with social media followers; respond to queries in a timely manner; and monitor customer reviews. Edits and revises content based on internal and external feedback. • Stays informed of the latest trends in digital marketing, emerging platforms.
- Assists with content creation for emails, landing pages and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Reports To: Director of Digital Strategy Direct
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, journalism, communications or related field
- Five years of digital marketing, communications, or marketing experience
- Experience creating digital content and social media community management
- Experience with Project management systems
- Experience with automation and CRM platforms (e.g. Marketo, Hubspot, Pardot) a plus
- Exceptional organizational, presentation, and communication skills both verbal and written
- In-depth knowledge and competency of paid social campaigns including budget management, campaign hierarchy, native and external audiences, and various creative units
- Possess a deep understanding of how advertising, landing pages and conversion rate optimization work together
- Strong knowledge of Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, and attribution models
- Knowledge of SEO and paid search. Experience with SEMrush and Google Adwords a plus
- Detailed knowledge and experience driving inbound marketing through digital marketing lead generation strategies and tactics
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment essential
- Ability to travel to events and college locations as needed
- Ability to maintain a very flexible and “always on” work schedule to meet the needs of social media
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Public Relations & Advertising Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago