CU Boulder is growing its innovation team! Venture Partners, CU Boulder’s commercialization arm, encourages applications for an opportunity for a Licensing Analyst to join our team and lead a new initiative to increase the value of our licensing portfolio. In this role, the newest team member will build a license compliance program and generate insights from portfolio data and metrics.
This position improves the revenue realized from the Venture Partners portfolio of license agreements. The Licensing Analyst is responsible for improving licensee compliance, identifying licenses out of compliance, initiating license audits, and collecting amounts owed based on audit outcomes. You will also examine critical metrics across the license portfolio and provide regular reports to the Director of Licensing, Managing Director, and other campus partners.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to directly benefit the world through collaborative research, innovation, and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff, and students work with the broader community to establish unique connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and around the world. CU Boulder aspires to be the innovation university.
Venture Partners at CU Boulder catalyzes innovation and entrepreneurship by translating breakthrough research into economic and social impact. Our work is exciting, fast-paced, and multidisciplinary, bringing together the domains of business, science, and law.
CU Boulder is situated in one of the most innovative communities in the country. Boulder has been ranked by Forbes as the best city in America in which to start a business, and as the top city in America by Bloomberg’s Brain Concentration Index.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Build relationships with licensee companies and encourage regular self-audits.
- Source and maintain a roster of firms specializing in license audits.
- Analyze a portfolio of technology licenses and identify indicators of compliance deficiencies.
- Conduct cost/benefit assessments for compliance audits and make recommendations to Venture Partners leadership.
- Coordinate licensee audits.
- Collaborate with the Director of Licensing and Licensing Associates to negotiate audit settlements.
- Manage select licensing agreements and related technology cases.
- Analyze and track diligence reports and progress for compliance.
Licensing Metrics and KPIs
- Research peer benchmarking to maintain a database for comparable license agreements and terms.
- Bring to bear the university’s Inteum database to generate regular reports and departmental metrics.
What We Can Offer
A competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Innovative. Be Resourceful. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Undergraduate degree in business, science, or engineering from an accredited university.
- Two or more years of experience in business development, startups, finance, licensing, or tech transfer.
What You Will Need
- A track record for seeking out new revenue opportunities, and pursuing them to fruition.
- Ability to analyze sophisticated agreements.
- An attention to details approach and ability to work independently.
- An affinity for data, metrics, and driving key performance indicators.
- Outstanding integrity, communication, and relational maturity in all interactions.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political, and geographical differences, with the capability to partner with people globally.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Advanced degree in business, science, or engineering from an accredited university.
- Direct experience with audits.
- License negotiation and management experience in a university or company setting.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by Monday, October 5th for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Legal Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder