Technical Services Coordinator (7359)
Under the direction of the Information Technology Manager, this position is responsible for the daily maintenance, training, and troubleshooting of all computer equipment within the College of Arts and Sciences. This position will maintain detaile inventory databases of the computer equipment housed within CAS, and will provide inventory acquisition recommendations to the IT Manager, including updates due to the four-year replacement policy of the University. Will work with individual staff, faculty and students in order to troubleshoot or train on the different hardware and software available for use within the College.
- Troubleshooting: This position will be the first point of contact for all CAS faculty and staff for technical support. Will be available during normal business hours for assessing and attempting resolution of problems with computer or technical equipment. Will be able to provide assistance to University applications and supported hardware. Coordinates with Office of Information Technology for replacement of parts covered under warranty.
- Maintenance: Provides routine maintenance for all CAS computer equipment, including but not limited to: RAM upgrades, software upgrades, license package installs, system images and hardware upgrades. Work with OIT to maintain CAS tree in active directory by removing expired users and maintaining accurate machine references.
- Training: Provide new faculty and staff with training opportunities on University supported applications and hardware, including but not limited to: Windows Operating System; Mac Operating System; Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and Adobe Acrobat.
- Inventory Control: Maintain an inventory system in order to track capital computer equipment for CAS faculty and staff for accountability purposes. Track four-year replacement cycle of CAS equipment in order to provide acquisition recommendations for Director and CAS Budget Office.
- CAS Lab & Tech Support Supervision: Act as supervisor for all students employed in CAS Computer Labs around campus. Works with students to set schedules and train students to maintain and support lab functionality.
- Other duties as assigned
- The worker normally performs their job indoors in an office environment
- During COVID-19 pandemic, this job position requires partial presence on campus (mix of on-campus and remote work)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full Time
- 3.1 Coordinator/Analyst B
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in training and/or experience.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of Windows and Mac Operating Systems
- Knowledge of installation and/or troubleshooting of computers/printers/software, data migration, internet protocols, outlook, active directory
- Standard Office Software
Preferred Education and Experience
- 1 year and more of administrative experience in academic environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems and Technology
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on the successful completion of a background check
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.