Research Assistant Professor - Transplant Surgery (64661)
The Department of Surgery at the University of Florida, College of Medicine is seeking a full-time, research, non-tenure track faculty member, at an academic rank of Research Assistant Professor, to join our team of highly productive clinical and basic science faculty in the Division of Transplant Surgery. The successful candidate will conduct research on ischemia-reperfusion injury in humans and animal models. Cell culture, live microscopy, animal surgery, and flow cytometry are principle analytical tools. The successful candidate will be familiar with working with animal models of ischemia-reperfusion and have experience working with materials from critically ill and surgical patients. This position will be funded by NIH grants, and these projects require advanced skills in study design, statistics, and data management. The individual filling this position will have primary responsibility for publication and presentation of their findings. The Department of Surgery ( http://www.surgery.ufl.edu ) ranks in the top quarter of all departments nationally in NIH funding, and seeks to become a top ten department in this decade. The successful candidate will be a team member achieving this goal.
Minimum: Applicants must have an advanced degree (Ph.D., M.D., Sc.D., or equivalent), completed a postdoctoral training program (or equivalent), and have a record of accomplishment in conducting extramurally-funded (NIH or equivalent) research. The candidate will need to possess advanced skills in immunology to perform this research.
Preferred: Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated leadership skills and a track-record of working with clinical faculty.
- Letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and list of three to five references or letters of reference should be submitted with application.
- The Search Committee will accept applications until the position is filled. Applications will be reviewed starting as soon as possible after the posting date.
- Background check required.
- Selected candidate will be required to provide an official transcript to the hiring department upon hire. A transcript will not be considered "official" if a designation of "Issued to Student" is visible. Degrees earned from an education institution outside of the United States are required to be evaluated by a professional credentialing service provider approval by National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), which can be found at http://naces.org/ .
- If an accommodation due to a disability is needed to apply for this position, please call 352-392-2477 or the Florida Relay System at 800-955-8771 (TDD). Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the US. Searches are conducted in accordance with Florida's Sunshine Law.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.