Exec Dir, Design&Construction
Requisition Number S424P Home Org Name Project Execution Administration Division Name Assoc Vice President Facilities Position Title Exec Dir, Design&Construction Job Class Code NC20 Appointment Status Full-time Part-time FTE Limited Term No Limited Term Length Job Summary
Leads, directs, manages, and oversees the personnel, processes, and procedures involved in the execution of all projects within Facilities Management.
Provides leadership and direction of several areas within Facilities Management which may include, but are not limited to, Design Services, Construction Management, Program Management, In-House Construction, Estimating, and Contract Support. Manages programs and oversees the execution of all AU Facility Management projects, from project initiation to construction closeout. Initiates and oversees process improvement initiatives for every step of the project execution process. Manages the Deferred Maintenance program, as well as the annual Project Prioritization Process. Develops long-range maintenance plans in conjunction with other Facilities Management leaders. Cultivates and maintains working relationships with university leaders as they relate to project communications. Establishes training programs, credentialing standards, and mentoring processes aimed at the professional and technical development of personnel. Manages professional interactions with consultants/contractors by establishing and enforcing standardized selection processes, criteria, guidelines, procedures, and contract formats. Directs the continued development and refinement of design standards in conjunction with the University Architect.
Education Level Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution Field of Study
Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Building Science, Construction Management, or related field
Years of Experience 10 Area of Experience
Experience in leading and managing design and construction functions
Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Education Level Indicated education is required; no substitutions allowed. Field of Study Years of Experience When a candidate has the required education, but lacks the required experience, they may normally apply additional appropriate education toward the experience requirement, at a rate of one (1) year relevant education per year of required experience. Area of Experience Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of best practices in construction, project, contract, and program management and construction design principles
Minimum Technology Skills Minimum License and Certifications
1. Extensive Knowledge of the Auburn University Campus
2. Extensive Experience with Pre-Construction & Estimating for University Capital Building Projects
3. Leadership experience with Construction Management & Estimating Staff
Salary Grade 39 Salary Range $90,800 - $151,300 Job Category Executive/Director/Management Working Hours if Non-Traditional List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position Posting Date 09/21/2020 Closing Date 10/05/2020 EEO Statement
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants Quick Link for Internal Postings http://www.auemployment.com/postings/19492 Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- How were you made aware of this opportunity?
- AU Employment website
- Employment websites (Indeed, HigherEd Jobs, etc.)
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- Professional Journal
- HR email
- Social Media
- State Employment Service
- Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University.
- Not a current Auburn employee
- Current Auburn employee in position less than one year
- Current Auburn employee in position more than one year
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited
institution in Architecture, Engineering, Construction
Management/Building Science, Information Technology, or
- How many years of experience do you have in leading and
managing design and construction functions?
- 0 - 4
- 5 - 9
- 10 - 15
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Business & Management Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Management Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Professional Fields Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Architecture Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn