Sponsored Programs Specialist - SPREE Office
TheSponsored Programs, Research & External Engagement
(SPREE)department at St. Catherine
University invites applications for aSponsored Programs
Specialistposition. This is a regular, full-time
OurSPREEdepartment helps our campus researchers and other grant seekers win grant funding and manage awards! We collaborate with faculty, staff and students to conceptualize projects, develop budgets, identify funders, craft competitive proposals and properly manage awarded funds. TheSponsored Programs Specialistposition manages a portfolio of grants and grant prospects and contributes to the administrative support of the department. To best represent the department and the university, we all communicate respectfully and build relationships of trust with people of all cultures and abilities, affirming the worth and preserving the dignity of individuals, families, and communities.
- Maintain a portfolio of grant prospects and work to translate
those into extramural support to the university.
- Advise faculty and staff on appropriate funding opportunities,
interpreting funder interest and assessing alignment with
University mission and priorities.
- Collaborates with teams or individuals to develop, write, edit,
prepare, and submit proposals.
- Ensures that all requirements in the development and submission
of proposals are executed with timeliness and accuracy.
- Manage a portfolio of grant award budgets in close
collaboration with the business office and the recipients to ensure
accurate understanding of budget capacity and status.
- Ensure that each grant award in the portfolio complies with
funder regulations and that all reporting and documentation is
completed precisely and on time.
- Provide administrative support to the team through updating
pipeline records, making newsletter contributions, setting up
- Communicate respectfully and build relationships of trust with people of all cultures and abilities, affirming the worth and preserving the dignity of individuals, families, and communities.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for both women and men. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherine enrolls nearly 5,000 students in certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Associate’s degree
- Three years of full-time experience in sponsored programs
administration, grant writing, development, or related
- Experience developing and managing a budget
- Experience using Microsoft and Google suites and learning new programs
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in a college or university
- Five years of experience in sponsored programs
- Experience with prospect research and funding search tools
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.EEO Statement
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us at email@example.com or 651-690-6565.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
Visit https://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/search to apply. Three references and successful completion of a background check will be required for employment. For information, contact Kira Dahlk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is October 21,2020. Preference will be given to complete applications received by October 5, 2020.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *How many years of full-time work
experience do you have in one of the following environments: ●
Sponsored programs administration ● Grant writing ● Development /
- One year
- Two years
- Three years
- Four years
- Five years
- Six years or more
- *In which role(s) have you managed a
budget and what was the total volume?
(Open Ended Question)
- *Are you presently legally authorized
to work in the United States for any U.S. employer? Please be aware
that St. Catherine University is only able to consider candidates
who are authorized to work in the United States.
- *St. Catherine University welcomes
applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer H1-B sponsorship. Will you now or in
the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University Website
- St. Catherine University employee referral
- Newspaper - Star Tribune paper
- Newspaper - Star Tribune web
- Community agency
- Newspaper - Pioneer Press paper
- Newspaper -Pioneer Press web
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document 1
- Other Document 2
- Professional Reference Contact Information
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul