Executive Director, HPM Content Operations - (STA006420)
The Executive Director of Content Operations will work closely with HPM's Station Manager and executive team. Will have an immediate impact on HPM's operational strategic alignment with content, staffing, and vendor relationships. Functions as an expert system administrator engaged in broadcast management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Directs and supervises HPM Content Director, Dir. News and Public Affairs and Dir. Radio Operations. Manages HPM content efforts: News, Public Affairs, radio programming, TV programming and vendor-based content selection.
- Works with HPM Department heads to ensure operational alignment of strategic goals of Brand Awareness, Financial Strength and Commitment to Culture.
- Directs and supervises all content across all platforms including News, Arts & Culture and Education.
- Ensures that the long-range content operational performance of HPM meets the requirements of the Federal Communications Commission, Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), National Public Radio (NPR) and Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB).
- Develops policies and procedures for operational processes in order to ensure optimization and compliance with established standards and regulations.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and ongoing management and evaluation of HPM's programs.
- Oversees the content operations budget and monitors it to ensure that expenditures are within allocated amounts.
- Manages staffing requirements and ensures that HPM meets established objectives and goals.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Bachelors and 7 years experience.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Information / Preferred Qualifications:
Previous Public Media Content experience preferred.
Previous higher education experience in subject matter area a plus.
Note: Please attach samples of content portfolio.
Please attach 3 professional references with your submission.
Experience promoting diversity and cultural inclusion within an organization.
Notes to Applicant: Houston Public Media has experienced a period of growth as the direct result of increased operational efficiency, financial, stability, and trusted content. To continue this trajectory, we are searching for a highly qualified Exec. Director of Content Operations to work closely with our Station Manager and executive team. The Exec. Dir. of Content Ops will have an immediate impact on our operational strategic alignment with content, staffing, and vendor relationships. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a broadcast management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration. The position will also focus on progressive strategic leadership in digital expansion and leveraging emerging technology.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Management Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Management Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Communications Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Broadcasting Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston