Facilities and Seawater Coordinator
Facilities & Seawater Coordinator
California State University, Long Beach
The Facilities & Seawater Coordinator performs maintenance of the seawater system and the land based facility. The incumbent serves as the Safety Officer for the facility and handles safety compliance (OSHA and campus) and staff training (crane and forklift) as needed.
- Maintains the land based facilities.
- Oversees the movements of goods and services throughout the
- Manages subcontractors work at the facility.
- Designs and builds expanded modules of the seawater system as
needed and assists with animal husbandry activities.
- Handles safety compliance (OSHA and campus) and conducts staff
training (crane and forklift) as necessary.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to perform routine maintenance and repairs of the
facility and seawater system.
- Must have knowledge of facility maintenance
- Ability to design and build expanded modules of the seawater
- Must have general knowledge of safety compliance
- Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally
diverse campus community. Ability to follow all university
policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to
safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination
policies and procedures. Ability to contribute to a positive
university experience for each and every student, and assist in
achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of
Education and Experience
Equivalent to three years of experience providing instructional support services for a related unit or discipline, or in producing materials or supplies or repairing equipment related to the discipline required. Equivalent to two years of life support seawater systems maintenance and building maintenance experience required. Experience in small boats and deck handing desired.
Ocean Studies Institute
The targeted salary may be set as high as $4,333 per month based on experience. The salary range for this classification is $3,748 to $6,779 per month.
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
Full-time temporary position for two years with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date.
To apply for the position, please visit: https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/lb/en-us/job/497428/facilities-seawater-coordinator