Assistant/Associate/Full Professor - School of Health Sciences and Wellness
The developing Doctor of Physical Therapy Program (DPT) at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point invites applications for a full-time faculty member (9-month appointment) with an expertise in Neurorehabilitation in Physical Therapy. The primary teaching opportunities for this position are specific to instruction in neuroscience and adult/pediatric clinical neurorehabilitation. The successful candidate is a core faculty in the UWSP DPT program, and will contribute to establishing UWSP as a leader in helping to address the rehabilitation needs of rural communities through contributions in teaching, scholarship and service. Program highlights include:
- An innovative faculty and curriculum anchored in
community-engaged learning aligned with the university mission of
- Opportunities for interdisciplinary research with a rural health emphasis
- An engaged and supportive clinical community interested in academic partnerships
- Developing instructional and research space that will serve the campus and surrounding community
- Terminal academic doctorate (PhD, EdD, DSc, ScD) from a regionally-accredited institution
with contemporary expertise in neurorehabilitation. The program will consider applicants who have enrolled and completed at least 2 years toward the academic doctoral degree with a plan for completion to be detailed in the applicant's cover letter.
- Current and unrestricted license to practice physical therapy. The successful applicant will be required to achieve licensure as a physical therapist in Wisconsin within 6 months of the start of contract.
- Background sufficient to provide instruction in neuroscience/neurorehabilitation in an entry level DPT program. Background will be demonstrated on review of transcripts, continuing education/conference history, clinical practice, and publication history.
- Effective oral and written communication
- Clearly articulated scholarly agenda and scholarship record consistent with requested rank at the time of hire.
- A successful record of research and scholarly productivity
- A record of involvement in service activities to the profession including active membership in the American Physical Therapy Association
- Certification through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties
- Prior teaching experience in an entry-level DPT program
- Experience with remote instruction (synchronous and asynchronous)
To apply, click on the appropriate link within the position
announcement on the UW-Stevens Point HR job vacancy website:
Required application materials listed within the position announcement.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point
- Physical Therapy Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point