Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in Exercise Science - School of Health Sciences and Wellness
The developing Doctor of Physical Therapy Program (DPT) at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point invites applications for a full-time faculty member (9-month appointment) with an expertise in exercise physiology/exercise science. The primary teaching opportunities for this position are specific to instruction in exercise physiology and therapeutic exercise courses with additional teaching based on expertise.
The successful candidate is a core faculty in the UWSP DPT program and will contribute to establishing UWSP as a leader in helping to address the rehabilitation needs of rural communities through contributions in teaching, scholarship, and service. Program highlights include:
* An innovative faculty and curriculum anchored in
community-engaged learning aligned with the university mission of
* Opportunities for interdisciplinary research with a rural health emphasis
* An engaged and supportive clinical community interested in academic partnerships
* Developing instructional and research space that will serve the campus and surrounding community
- Terminal academic doctorate (PhD, EdD, DSc, ScD) from a regionally accredited institution with contemporary expertise in exercise science. Candidates at dissertator status/ABD will be considered, with a plan for degree completion within 1 year of hire.
- Background sufficient to provide instruction in exercise physiology, exercise science and biomechanics in an entry-level DPT program. Background will be demonstrated on review of transcripts, continuing education/conference history, and publication history.
- Experience with remote instruction (synchronous and asynchronous)
- Effective oral and written communication
- Clearly articulated scholarly agenda and scholarship record consistent with requested rank at the time of hire.
- Licensed or license eligible for a rehabilitation-related profession. Applicants who are qualified for licensure will be expected to attain a valid license to practice in their discipline within 6-months of assuming position responsibilities.
- A successful record of research and scholarly productivity
- A record of involvement in service activities related to holistic admissions
- Prior record of university instruction
- Record of community engagement with preference given to those with clear background in rural health/rural rehabilitation
- Record of successful extra-mural funding
To apply, click on the appropriate link within the position
announcement on the UW-Stevens Point HR job vacancy website:
Required application materials listed within the position announcement.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point
- Physical Therapy Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Stevens Point