Assistant or Associate Professor of Business Administration
APPOINTMENT DATE: August 17, 2021
BEMIDJI STATE UNIVERSITY (BSU) invites qualified applicants to join our team as an Assistant or Associate Professor of Business Administration. BSU’s vision is to educate people to lead inspired lives. To accomplish BSU’s vision, the University prioritizes creating a culture in which diversity is embraced and all people are safe, welcome, and validated. BSU also prioritizes increasing engagement with Indigenous communities to become a destination university.
BSU is located amid the lakes and forests of northern Minnesota and occupies a wooded campus along the shore of Lake Bemidji. BSU balances rigorous academia with the opportunity to enjoy a fun, robust, outdoor culture. The proximity to the lake and the surrounding north woods allows easy access to an assortment of recreation. Major campus facilities are connected by all-season underground passages for safe and warm travel during the cold, winter months.
Enrolling more than 5,100 students, BSU offers more than 80 undergraduate majors and eight graduate degrees encompassing arts, sciences and select professional programs. BSU is a member of the Minnesota State system of colleges and universities and has a faculty and staff of more than 550. BSU’s Shared Fundamental Values include civic engagement and leadership, international and multicultural understanding, belief in the power of the liberal arts, and environmental stewardship.
Our Business programs are nationally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and are strongly focused on student success. The College of Business, Mathematics & Sciences at BSU has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE). Our online bachelor’s and master’s programs offer distant learning students flexibility to complete degrees after starting careers. In addition to rigorous, experience-oriented academics, the Department offers an array of student opportunities designed to help students develop real-world skills. We are a diverse faculty and we are fully committed to equity and inclusiveness in our programs and classrooms.
Responsibilities of the Assistant or Associate Professor of Business Administration include:
- Teaching a variety of undergraduate and graduate Business Administration courses including, but not limited to, statistics, consumer behavior, e-marketing, and potentially other areas in marketing.
- Designing and delivering courses for on-campus and online delivery.
- Advising and supporting students’ academic progress.
- Pursuing scholarly and/or creative activities.
- Contributing to a collegial and supportive environment that advances the goals of the department, including curriculum development, assessment, and other departmental governance activities.
- Contributing to interdisciplinary teaching and involvement in activities that support BSU’s Shared Fundamental Values.
- Assisting with programmatic accreditation.
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- A PhD or Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) with an emphasis in Marketing from a regionally accredited institution by June 1, 2021.
- Completed a program of study or at least 18 graduate credits in Statistics.
- Skills and ability to design and deliver online courses with D2L Brightspace (or similar software) or be willing to obtain the necessary skills for online course design and delivery.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality teaching.
- Demonstrated experience working with and/or interest working with students and colleagues from multi-cultural and diverse backgrounds and using culturally responsive pedagogy and practice.
- A PhD or Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) in Marketing from a regionally accredited institution at time of application submission.
- Experience in developing and/or teaching e-marketing, statistics, consumer behavior, and some MBA courses, which will contribute to the strategic direction of the Department and University.
- Familiarity with the accreditation process.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your application and/or resume clearly demonstrate fulfillment of these minimum and preferred qualifications.
- All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
- Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) which can be found at https://www.ifo.org/.
- In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MinnState) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a vehicle Use Agreement form and conform to MinnState's vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
- BSU and NTC are tobacco free workplaces (see policy).
APPLY ONLINE: https://bemidjistate.peopleadmin.com/
A complete application must include the following:
- Cover letter, which addresses the required qualifications and your specific interest in working at BSU
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Student Teaching evaluations, if applicable
- Unofficial transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate coursework
Dr. Gabriel Warren
If you have general questions about this posting or submitting an application, contact Teresa Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org
UNIVERSITY / COMMUNITY
Bemidji State University is nestled among the pines along the shores of Lake Bemidji, just blocks from a thriving downtown community. In this Northwoods setting, students, staff, and faculty have a variety of activities at their fingertips. Possessing all the charm and character of a college town, Bemidji remains a tight-knit community of good neighbors and engaged citizens who always come out to cheer for the Beavers. While the city of Bemidji — named after the Ojibwe Chief Shaynowishkung (nicknamed Bemidji) — is home to a diverse population of more than 15,000 people, it serves a regional population of more than 100,000.
Located between three American Indian reservations – Leech Lake, Red Lake and White Earth, students at Bemidji State University have the opportunity to experience a dynamic local culture and history. Bemidji also sits at the center of the legends of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox. The famous statues of Paul and Babe greet students as they drive in from the south along Lake Bemidji.
Though quaint and historic, the city offers the urban conveniences upon which college students rely. Bemidji State is conveniently located minutes away from affordable restaurants, cozy coffee shops, grocery stores, city parks and more. Small, locally owned shops and art sculptures line the streets of downtown Bemidji, while national chains can be found in and around the Bemidji area, including an uptown selection of department stores and restaurants.
The thriving downtown community presents ample opportunities for engagement off-campus. Among other things, there are fine-dining restaurants, cafes, and a natural foods co-op in downtown Bemidji. The historic Paul Bunyan Playhouse has a calendar of classic shows; restaurants and lounges offer weekly live music performances; the First Friday Art Walk provides a tour of new monthly art exhibits; and annual events such as the Loop the Lake Festival, the Dragon Boat Festival, the Blue Ox Marathon, Bemidji Winterfest, and The Minnesota Finlandia bring the community together.
For those who love the outdoors, there are wooded, multi-use trail systems within minutes of campus and community parks with walking trails, playgrounds and a skate park. Lake Bemidji State Park and its miles of navigable trails is located directly across the lake from BSU, and the Buena Vista Ski Area — just 12 miles north of campus — offers downhill skiing and BSU-sponsored student transportation in the winter months. Further, the Mississippi River Headwaters is a mere 45 minutes from Bemidji.
For further information, visit our website at: http://www.bemidjistate.edu
Review a "special report on how this former lumber town has rebuilt itself as a high-speed, regional center of enterprise" at Bemidji 2.0
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bemidji
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bemidji
- Business Administration Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bemidji
- Marketing & Sales Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bemidji