Department Chair, Counseling - College of Education and Professional Studies
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for the position of Department Chair, Counseling for the College of Education and Professional Studies.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area. The Clinical Mental Counseling program and the Rehabilitation Counseling program within Department of Counseling are CACREP-accredited with the fully online Rehabilitation Counseling having received recent recognition as one of the nation’s best fully online counseling programs, “Best Counseling Degrees – 2020.”
The Department Chair, Counseling for the College of Education & Professional Studies is dedicated to supporting FVSU's commitment to meeting the higher education needs of the state, region, and nation through innovative teaching, selfless service, and applied research. Reporting to the Dean, the Department Chair is responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the Department of Counseling. The work consists of varied management, supervisory and instructional duties requiring good management skills and work within a complex environment.
- Has direct supervision over department faculty, clerical staff and/or graduate assistants.
- Evaluates, recruits and recommends the appointment of faculty to the Dean.
- Uses data informed strategies to increase student retention.
- Develops course offerings and class schedules in collaboration with faculty.
- Recommends and oversees the department budget.
- Evaluates faculty and staff each year and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Teaches courses with a reduced course load.
- Advises students as appropriate in the academic discipline.
- Actively participates in the recruitment of students.
- Holds regular departmental meetings as the academic leader of the department.
- Manages accreditation in all the areas represented in the department.
- Provides support to faculty for professional development and scholarly work.
- Doctorate degree in Counseling or related field with appropriate licenses and certifications.
- A minimum of seven years of teaching and advising experience in higher education.
- Must have the faculty rank of Associate or full Professor.
- Academic accreditation experience.
- Academic assessment experience.
- Grant and Research Experience
- Experience with online teaching and pedagogy.
- More than seven years of teaching and advising experience in higher education.
- Management experience at the coordinator or department chair level.
- Experience with graduate education.
You must apply at https://fvsu.applicantpro.com/jobs/1419738.html. The application packet must include the following:
- A letter of application that addresses the responsibilities and qualifications of the position;
- Current curriculum vitae;
- At least five references with full contact information including emails. (References will not be contacted without consent from applicants);
- Additional information will be requested upon receipt of application.
Applications with all related materials may be uploaded via the FVSU Applicant Pro link: https://fvsu.applicantpro.com/jobs/1419738.html. If you have any issues and/or concerns with submitting materials for this position, please contact Fort Valley State University’s Office of Human Resources at email@example.com or (478)825-6301.
If you have questions regarding specific details of this position, please contact:
Dr. Anissa Howard, Search Committee Chair
Office Phone: 478-825-6665
Office E-mail: Anissa.Howard@fvsu.edu
Fort Valley State University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution and does not discriminate against applicants, students or employees on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or marital or veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fort Valley
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fort Valley
- Counsellor Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fort Valley
- Education Administration & Leadership Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fort Valley
- Other Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fort Valley