Regional Director - Northern Colorado
Rocky Vista University in Parker, CO has an immediate opening for a
Regional Director - Northern Colorado.
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a letter of interest, CV and salary requirement.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The Regional Dean of Clinical Education will assist the Associate Dean of Clinical Education in creating, managing, and constantly improving student clerkship rotations, in the Northern Colorado regions. Responsibilities will include planning and implementing programs that help ensure excellent outcomes in the third and fourth year clinical education program. This position will be located in Northern Colorado, and will be 20 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrate an active and consistent commitment to the mission of Rocky Vista University and its College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with community physicians and health care executives in the Northern Colorado regions.
- Recruit clinical adjunct faculty to create and support quality clinical rotations.
- Oversee RVUCOM clerkship rotations in the Northern Colorado regions.
- Participate in clerkship rotation site visits and inspections to ensure quality student experiences and for adjunct faculty compliance to the Clinical Education Manual.
- Help oversee development of the policies and procedures for the clinical education of RVUCOM-CO students, the development of the clinical curriculum and clinical education sites for the COM, ensures the delivery and continuous evaluation and improvement of the clinical curriculum.
- Work with faculty and administration to implement the integration of clinical knowledge and skills, biomedical sciences and osteopathic principles and practices throughout the pre-doctoral education to advance RVUCOM students' professionalism, knowledge, skills and competencies to the level required for osteopathic graduate medical education.
- Help develop and coordinate programs and resources to assist and promote faculty development.
- Help oversee evaluations of adjunct clinical faculty for clerkship rotations, in the assigned Northern Colorado regions.
- Assure the advancement and integration of high standards for ethical and professional behavior in all aspects for RVUCOM-CO and personnel.
- Participate in institutional and committee meetings as designated by the Campus Dean.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the Faculty and Administrators with special project assignments.
- Promote a high reputation of RVU and its COM campuses.
- Participate in media and public relations activities to further the mission of RVUCOM.
- Assist in identification and development where indicated of post graduate training programs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work off-campus and travel to clinical rotation sites.
- Demonstrate time management skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to problem-solve efficiently.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Knowledge of University and College Policy and Procedures.
- Knowledge of the Clinical Education Manual.
- Knowledge of student services and activities.
- Shall possess an D.O. or M.D. degree earned from an AOA or LCME accredited college of osteopathic or allopathic medicine
- At least three (3) years of experience in medical education.
- Demonstrations of professional involvement and leadership
- Demonstrations of scholarly activity, research, service to public or profession.
- AOA or ABSM Board certification
- Previous work experience in a medical school
- Well known and reputable in the Colorado medical community.
- Maintenance of a Colorado medical license.
- At least Five (5) years of experience in medical education.
- Demonstrations of professional involvement and leadership in medical organizations.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
RVU offers a full benefit package that includes 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.