Assistant Professor (Curriculum Studies)
Title: Assistant Professor (Curriculum Studies)
Job Category: Faculty
Department: School of Education-SIUC
College: School of Education-SIUC
Southern Illinois University Carbondale seeks applicants for an Assistant Professor position in curriculum studies in the School of Education. The position is a continuing, 9-month, tenure-track appointment to begin August 16, 2021. An additional summer teaching appointment may be possible contingent upon funding and student demand. Progress in rank will require demonstrations of productivity in research, publication, teaching, and service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach courses at the graduate level, M.S., MAT, and Ph.D., in the areas of curriculum design, evaluation, and theory in school, corporate and agency settings.
- Advise graduate students in the areas relative to their preparation for graduate degrees related to elementary, secondary, and higher education and/or corporate or governmental educational settings.
- Develop and supervise practica in curriculum and instruction settings.
- Assist in program planning, review, and evaluation for various departmental programs.
- Serve on and chair Master's Degree and, when approved, Ph.D. in Education student committees.
- Conduct research/writing (including publication) appropriate to the field of interest and specialization.
- Serve the public(s) and constituencies of the schoool and university as approved/assigned.
- A Ph.D. or Ed.D. with a specialty in curriculum studies, design, evaluation, and/or theory. Applicants who have completed all requirements except for the dissertation will be considered if all doctoral degree requirements will be completed by August 15, 2021. If all requirements for the doctorate are not completed by that date, a term, non-tenure track appointment may be offered in accordance with University policy (http://policies.siu.edu/personnel_policies/chapter2/ch2-faps/conting.php).
- A broad interdisciplinary background with an emphasis in curriculum design, evaluation, and theory.
- Successful teaching experience at the K-12 or university levels.
- A sound philosophy and understanding of curriculum and instruction and educational research.
- Participation in and contribution to professional societies at state and national levels.
- Evidence of initial research productivity and publications or presentations.
- Ability and willingness to teach undergraduate and graduate classes beyond those listed in "Duties and Responsibilities".
General Information: Please visit https://jobs.siu.edu to create an account and apply.
Contact: Sarah Frierdich
Deadline to Apply: 10/16/20
SIU Carbondale is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer of
individuals with disabilities and protected veterans that strives to enhance its
ability to develop a diverse faculty and staff and to increase its potential to
serve a diverse student population. All applications are welcomed
and encouraged and will receive consideration.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Carbondale
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Carbondale
- Curriculum & Instruction Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Carbondale
- Teacher Education Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Carbondale