Baylor College of Medicine is seeking candidates for a Postdoctoral Associate to conduct original research in the most extensive national electronic health record (EHR). Areas of research include natural language processing, machine learning, statistical learning, deep nets, theoretical computer science, computer vision, etc. The Postdoctoral Associate should be an excellent opportunity for outstanding, fresh Ph.D graduates who hope to spend one or two years in a research lab before going to academia or industry. The Postdoctoral Associate will have strong programming skills, interest or experience in NLP research and machine learning, and be passionate about building NLP systems through innovation and experimentation.
- Conduct literature reviews
- Assist with data analysis
- Prepare materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations
- Prepare materials for Baylor Institutional Review Board and VA e-VACS
- Coordinate meetings with community parnters
- Read, and revise portions of research papers and grants
- MD or Ph.D in Basic Science, Health Science, Computer Science or a related field.
- Expertise in MATLAB or R or Python or SAS
- Experience participating in the research process in an academic setting
- Experience applying machine learning to NLP problems
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston