Research Technician II
The goal of this recruitment is to further expand our efforts in small molecule drug discovery and streamline bioactivity and ADMET testing. The candidate will gain experience not only for cutting-edge research but also drug discovery process in a biotech-like environment. The candidates will join a dynamic interdisciplinary group and should be willing and able to communicate with people from different backgrounds, including chemistry, engineering, and biology.
Performs the routine elements of research work that requires the use of skills, technical and academic knowledge to follow established procedures and record results.
- Perform organic synthesis
- Maintain detailed records of lab work
- Report results to supervisor and peers
- Contribute to the general upkeep of the lab and lab instruments
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: None Required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
The candidate should have a B.S. or M.S. degree in biology or chemistry or related fields with minimum GPA 3.0. Prior research experience is not required.
The candidate should have a B.S. or M.S. degree in biology or chemistry or related fields with minimum GPA 3.0. Prior research experience is not required. The candidate should be motivated, and willing to learn new techniques and knowledge in chemistry. The candidate will work under the direction of a senior member in the group. We prefer the candidate to be able to stay in the group for at least 2-3 years.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston