Instructor - Nurse Practitioner - Cardiology
Provides advanced nursing care to patients in a clinical setting in an area of specialization under the direction of a physician.
- Primarily function as the Inpatient NP for the Structural Heart Program.
- Works closely with the Outpatient NP and will be cross-trained to cover outpatient duties.
- Rounds on all floor patients independently on a daily basis at Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center (BSLMC) and consults specialists as required.
- Prepares progress notes for physician rounds.
- Drafts consult notes for all new patients.
- Verifies that all operative procedure notes are completed on the procedure day.
- Places outpatient and inpatient procedure orders, as well as discharge orders.
- Completes KCCQ for structural procedure work-ups during inpatient stay.
- Communicates with Program Coordinator regarding all new inpatient referrals to initiate the procedure work-up.
- Notifies Program Coordinator of all anticipated discharge dates to ensure hospital follow-up appointments are arranged prior to discharge.
- Arranges pre-admission for procedural patients as required.
- Education Required: Master’s degree in in Nursing.
- Experience Required: None required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing. Current Texas Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse (APRN-NP), and specialty certification as required by department. Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
Preferred experience: Cardiology
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.