Residence Hall Director
Dakota State University seeks a dynamic, energetic, ambitious individual to serve as a full time, 12 month, live-in residence hall director for the Department of Residence Life. The position will oversee two First-Year residence halls with approximately 250 students and supervision of 8 Resident Assistants.
Responsibilities of the position include:
• Collaborating with others to develop and implement the departmental residential curriculum model
• Serve on the on-call duty rotation
• Execute crisis intervention (when applicable)
• Execute the code of conduct process
• Hire, train, supervise and develop paraprofessional staff members
• Work with facilities management to solve any building issues/concerns
• Complete daily administrative tasks along other duties assigned
• Significant evening and weekend availability is essential in this position.
• A bachelor’s degree is required but a master’s degree in student development, student affairs or a related field is preferred.
• Prior experience in the field of residence life is preferred but not required.
DSU accepts applications through an on-line employment site. To apply, visit https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. The employment site allows the attachment of a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and supporting references to include address and telephone numbers of at least three references. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
DSU is located in Madison, South Dakota in the southern lakes region of the state. The region boasts a wealth of outdoor sports and a life-style possible only in smaller towns and rural communities. Madison is just a 50-minute drive from Sioux Falls, the largest city in South Dakota.
Dakota State employees receive a comprehensive and flexible benefits package including paid time off, health and retirement benefits, and life and disability insurance options. Other benefits include reduced tuition, longevity pay and training opportunities. DSU also provides professional liability coverage.
Dakota State University is committed to recruitment, hiring and retention of minorities. We urge individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.