Assistant/Associate Professor, Digital Media & Learning & Leadership (tenured/tenure-stream)
Tenure-stream/tenured Assistant or Associate Professor in Digital Media and Learning and Leadership.
Appointment: eight-month, full-time,
tenure-stream; starting Fall 2021
The School of Education at the University of Pittsburgh seeks to hire a scholar with strong roots in practice who will explore urgent issues in digital media/educational technology and leadership to include: leadership and innovation in schools; leadership practices, organizational change, and innovative technology instruction; the impact of technology integration on increasing educational leaders’ capacity to improve school culture and impact student-teacher success; and analysis of how technologies reproduce or remedy educational inequities and social inequalities with how leaders lead and engage in decision-making.
This person would be responsible for:
- developing a strong research program that builds scholarly knowledge and informs the regional, national, and global conversations about the role of educational leaders in designing plans that link learning and leading to innovative digital media access and use
- developing and teaching educational leadership courses with a primary focus on instructional technology preparedness in PreK-16 learning environments
- examining and proposing solutions to educational inequities within schools, community contexts, and/or in homes as experienced by teachers, students, and families when technology becomes the primary tool for and mode of learning
- engaging in antiracist work that assesses and poses potential solutions to the social, economic, political, and/or educational challenges that educational leaders have to address
- Partnering with local, regional, national, and/or international institutions, leaders of higher education, and professional organizations
The candidate would join a vibrant community in the School of Education, at a time of great excitement, synergy, momentum, and action, particularly in relation to our explicit commitment to equity and justice in education. As a School, we are committed to determining sustainable ways to disrupt long-standing patterns of inequity and injustice in education. To that purpose, we invite applicants who engage in robust analyses of pressing issues related to educational technology and leadership and who investigate ways to interrupt inequitable educational practices through their teaching, technology, leadership, research, and community-engaged activities. The successful candidate will have opportunities to teach in our Ph.D., Ed.D., master, undergraduate, and/or teacher preparation programs, depending on interests and expertise.
- A growing or established record of publications in peer-reviewed journals, and the potential to compete successfully for external funding.
- Significant demonstrated experience integrating emerging educational technologies in educational settings
- Knowledge of or experience with institutional-wide implementation of educational technology
- Demonstrated excellence or future promise in advising and mentoring students
- Demonstrated experience or future promise for innovative leadership and excellence in university-level teaching and technology integration
- Demonstrated commitment to equitable, just, and sustainable practices
- Demonstrated commitment to working in an environment devoted to community engagement, collaboration, collegiality, professional development, scholarly inquiry, excellence in teaching and learning, civic responsibility, and respect for all people
Salary and Rank: Competitive salary will be commensurate with qualifications at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor (tenure/tenure-stream).
For questions, please contact committee co-chairs via email: Tinukwa Boulder (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Cassie Quigley (email@example.com).
Review of applications will begin November 13, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, upload your cover letter, curriculum vitae, two representative writing samples, and the names and contact information for three academic references to the following link: https://cfopitt.taleo.net/careersection/pitt_faculty_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=20004716&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York. In your cover letter, please speak to how your work addresses equity and justice and your viewpoint on digital media and learning in education.
Note: Final candidates will be required to secure three letters of recommendation, examples of teaching effectiveness (such as course evaluations, peer observations, sample syllabi), and a teaching/advising philosophy statement.
For questions about the submission process or the position, email Megan Brennan at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the search committee chairs as listed above.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity. Women and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Instructional Technology & Design Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh
- Teacher Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pittsburgh