Student Enrollment Specialist
Student Enrollment Specialist
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Spring Creek Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Student Enrollment Specialist
Provide support for all departments within Student and Enrollment Services at the assigned campus. Respond to questions, provide accurate information in a timely manner and assist in resolving problems as needed within the department/division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist students, staff, faculty and the general public with correct information and direction regarding college and student development services in person and over the telephone.
- Provide general advising for credit and non-credit classes, using the college catalog and schedule of classes.
- Provide diverse secretarial support to the Dean of Student and Enrollment Services, Associate Deans of Students and other development departments, as requested, including drafting letters, reports, preliminary financial aid application processing, basic advising and admission questions and procedures, class and appointment scheduling, proofreading, graphic projects and assistance with special projects.
- Maintain division's organizational chart, inclement weather tree and email address book.
- Coordinate with the executive secretary to follow-up on leave and travel forms, check requests and other forms to ensure receipt of items/completion of requests as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution and two (2) years of related experience required.
In addition to minimum experience required: At least 60 semester hours OR at least two (2) additional years of directly related experience.
In addition to minimum education required: A higher level degree than what is required for the job may be substituted for no more than one (1) year of the required work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of College policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Student Code of Conduct
- Knowledge of Banner and network systems
- Problem solving skills
- Customer service skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Decision making skills
- Computer and applicable software skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to answer multiple phone lines
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to proofread and edit
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, plus stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Full-time Staff
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $32,367.00 - 37,222.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or email@example.com .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.