Chief Innovation Officer
Chief Innovation Officer
3452 Spur 399,, Collin Higher Education Center
McKinney, Texas, 75069
Defining the Leading Edge
CHIEF INNOVATION OFFICER
Collin College’s first Chief Innovation Officer came out of retirement to help set the direction for the college’s future in innovation and technology. As such, this esteemed leader arrived with a retirement date which is now fast approaching. We are seeking a truly gifted individual to come alongside our Chief Innovation Officer as he prepares to fully retire in the near future.
The successful candidate will be a talented leader with a depth and breadth of knowledge to lead innovation throughout our high-performing, high-growth college. The successful candidate must demonstrate experiences which highlight visionary successes, have a wide variety of professional experiences of note, actually possess a sense of humor (others must laugh, too!), and a strong sense of mission enabling the individual to become a senior contributor in reaching our vision of delivering a brighter future for our students and our communities.
Three short phrases describe the ideal candidate:
1. Insightful vision for the future;
2. People skills with humility belying your many accomplishments; and
3. A laser-focused determination to move Collin College from very good to truly GREAT!
Reporting to District President, Dr. Neil Matkin, this key position will serve as a member of the District President’s Cabinet and lead the college’s cutting-edge initiatives related to technology, including a robust “skunkworks” division, an IT Center at the Frisco Campus that is under construction and development, system-wide ERP conversion from Banner to Workday, the full launch of iCollin – a distance learning campus serving the entire district and beyond, an expansive wide area network of more than 60 miles, and state-of-the art technology labs across 9 current campuses and centers, plus 2 additional campuses under development that will be opening in 2021. This position will require aspirational and operational skills, as well as inspiration and vision for the future of technology applications in higher education. The successful professional will enjoy collaboration from an outstanding team of colleagues across the college.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of the foremost community college districts in Texas. With a dedicated Board of Trustees, the lowest tuition in the state, and the second lowest tax rate among Texas community colleges, Collin College serves our students and citizens by providing excellence in educational opportunities and returning nearly three quarters of a billion dollars in economic impact each year to our communities.
This position offers the opportunity to make significant contributions with a fiscally sound, multi-campus community college district that serves a growing population of nearly 60,000 credit and non-credit students annually in the North Texas region. Collin’s campuses are beautifully designed, located in thriving communities, and boast a truly outstanding faculty and staff.
The Chief Innovation Officer serves as a member of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), reporting to the District President, to execute and facilitate projects and partnerships that support the strategic vision of Collin College, with an emphasis on leading innovations in technology and implementing strategic technology-focused partnerships that benefit the college.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and propose innovations that will position the college to “leapfrog” to the forefront of services provided to Collin College students; drive project results; and partner cross-functionally to deliver and maintain systems. Propose budgets and prepare necessary analysis to support budget recommendations.
- Lead the college in applying cutting edge technologies to support and facilitate outstanding student learning outcomes. Provide leadership for technology services projects, including iCollin, the IT Center, and other new forward-reaching initiatives.
- Lead the development and implementation of the college’s Information Technology (IT) Plan, ensuring that college IT systems are stable, secure, current (state-of-the-art), and meet the academic, administrative, and operational needs of the district.
- Work collaboratively with leaders across the college and in the communities we serve to identify innovative technology partnerships that will benefit the college.
- Lead the college in implementing best practices. Promote open innovation and creative thinking throughout the college. Set up and run idea generation activities within the college.
- Recommend and schedule training needed to prepare the college’s employee population (and student body, where needed) to utilize new tools and systems.
- Identify new trends, market disruptions, and emerging opportunities.
- Recommend resources for promising projects and establish support systems to help move beyond status quo.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
An earned master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education or equivalent education and experience in innovations within higher education.
Ten (10) years of directly related professional level experience required, including three (3) years of supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Enterprise and Shadow system strengths, capacities, and weaknesses
- Substantive knowledge of technology used in higher education environments
- General knowledge of higher education laws and requirements
- Project management skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to provide broad problem-solving skills to critical, time-sensitive, and technical issues
- Ability to research and understand ongoing advances in technology
- Ability to negotiate with vendors on behalf of the College
- Demonstrated excellence in the use of forward-looking, innovative technology
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication and influencing skills
- Experience with process change and optimization
- Excellent analytical, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills with the ability to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to coordinate with college personnel
- Ability to provide consulting, training and coaching support to employees to empower them to solve problems and implement solutions independently
- Ability to communicate effectively to implement initiatives
- Ability to evaluate software and tools that will be most effective for solving classroom, operational, and process challenges
- Ability to successfully manage program and project budgets
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Positions in this class typically require talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Administrator
Compensation Type: Annual
Compensation Range: $171,060.00 - 196,718.00
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Not specified Full Time jobs in McKinney