Purchasing Compliance Clerk
Job Summary: The Purchasing Compliance Clerk will support the payment process by supporting various credit card programs, supporting expense reimbursement processing, and assisting the Purchasing Compliance Manager in maintaining compliance with university and IRS guidelines. Duties & Essential Job Functions: 1. Analyzes Excel based reports to identify purchasing card trends, to assist with the identification of individuals/departments for audit.
2. Performs purchasing card audits to ensure transactions are appropriate and properly substantiated per University policies.
3. Maintains various card solutions, including monthly reconciliations, payment of card balances, and daily inquiries by departments.
4. Provides primary end user support for payables systems.
5. Supports the University’s initiatives regarding evaluation of expanding payment solutions such as the purchasing card program, or a travel and expense card.
6. Provides detailed analysis of yearly data mining results.
7. Assists with functional support of payables systems.
8. Provides reports out of payables systems to management as requested.
9. Processes Pcard applications, and works with management to ensure compliance with intent of the program.
10. Fosters a positive work environment with campus-wide faculty and staff, while ensuring University and IRS guidelines are being followed.
11. Supports University expense reimbursement processes, as needed.
12. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned. Required Education & Experience : • Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or a related field, or High School diploma with 4 years’ equivalent work experience.
• Experience in a compliance role in an Accounts Payable or Purchasing department.
• Experience in an automated expense reimbursement environment. Preferred Education & Experience: • Experience in expense management systems such as Concur or Coupa.
• Experience in web-based credit card management systems.
• Experience in account collections.
• Experience working in a college/university work environment. Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training: • None. Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training: • Experience using various ERP systems and maximizing software capabilities. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: • Knowledge of accounting/GL systems such as PeopleSoft.
• Knowledge of online technology used for online billing and payables.
• Knowledge of workflow and processing in a paperless office environment.
• Skill at responding and maintaining dependability to time schedules.
• Skill (advanced) using Microsoft Productivity software (e.g., Excel, Word and Outlook) and data entry.
• Skill using Zoom or other virtual meeting software.
• Skill at written and verbal communication in business and professional setting.
• Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and ability to interface constructively with diverse populations.
• Ability to respect team members and constituents by valuing their contributions toward the goals of the work unit and the University.
• Ability to critically think to solve problems.
• Ability to adapt based on environmental needs, emerging technologies, and system upgrades.
• Ability to maintain professionalism and contribute to a cohesive work environment.
• Ability to work independently, to manage multiple projects, work collaboratively, and multi-task with interruptions.
• Ability to apply attention to detail, including review of electronic documents.
• Ability to understand the goals, policies, and objectives of the unit, and standards for own job.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to work with multi-culturally diverse stakeholders in a University setting. Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations): • Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs. Work Environment: • Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. AA/EEO Statement: As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Advertised: September 18, 2020 Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Worth