Assistant Professor of Clinical Mental Health Counseling/Director of Clinical Experiences
The Huntington University Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program invites applicants for a tenure-track position as Assistant Professor of Clinical Mental Health Counseling & Director of Clinical Experiences beginning June 2021.
The Assistant Professor of Clinical Mental Health Counseling/ Director of Clinical Experiences (DCE) is an 11-month full-time faculty position, with salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. The DCE responsibilities include a two-credit hour per-semester load/stipend above a full-time faculty teaching-load. The primary responsibility of the DCE is to give oversight to practicum and internships in the program as well as provide leadership to the Lifespring Clinic.
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a strong desire to serve others and a commitment to faithful stewardship of university resources
- Must be committed to the mission of Huntington University as a comprehensive Christian College dedicated to educating men and women to impact our world for Christ
- Demonstrated understanding of Christian higher education, preferred
- Earned doctorate degree in counselor education, preferably from a CACREP-accredited program.
- Obtained full license as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (or the equivalent)
- Demonstrated administrative and supervisory skills
- Evidence of clinical practice and research activities in mental health counseling and ability to work successfully with a broad range of organizations
- Demonstrated successful teaching and curriculum development experience in undergraduate or graduate level institutions
- Demonstrated professional writing skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail in overseeing legal documents
- Documented expertise in areas of teaching responsibilities and knowledge of content delivery methods
- Possess a high level of problem-solving skills
- Positive interpersonal skills and a team player
- Excellent communications skills
- Commitment to continuous process improvement
Fringe benefits include TIAA/CREF, medical, life and disability insurance, and traditional undergraduate tuition remission for dependents. Huntington University is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply. The Huntington University faculty application form may be found at www.huntington.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/ along with complete job description.
A cover letter, curriculum vitae, and application should be sent to email@example.com (email preferred), or mailed to Dr. Luke Fetters, Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of the Faculty, Huntington University, 2303 College Avenue, Huntington, IN 46750. Review of applicants will begin on October 1, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Huntington
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Huntington
- Counsellor Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Huntington
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Huntington
- Other Social & Behavioral Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Huntington