eLearning and Instructional Design Specialist (Re-posted)
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The eLearning & Instructional Design Specialist oversees the development of teaching standards, utilizing digital technologies to incorporate adaptive and active learning to enhance student engagement. Works closely with all academic units on campus and other administrative staff to improve the institution’s instructional presence and impact through its learning management system in all modes of instruction (online, hybrid, and face-to-face).
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs, develops and delivers professional and technical training for faculty on current technologies and new initiatives in the area of instructional technology;
- Maintains a forward-thinking approach to digital learning online design;
- Assists faculty in developing and enhancing course design utilizing leading digital learning solutions;
- Assists faculty in promoting an adaptive and active learning environment to enhance student engagement and increase student retention;
- Provides faculty with professional development opportunities geared towards digital learning;
- Attends conferences to learn about new technology and initiatives and to implement innovative ideas in digital learning practices and technology;
- Must be knowledgeable in different learning management system platforms;
- Must be trained and certified in Quality Matters in order to apply the QM rubric to course design or redesign;
- Demonstrates and utilizes effective needs analysis, project management, course development, and evaluation skills;
- Assists faculty in applying best practices to courses to increase student success;
- Collaborates with faculty to use technology in the classroom to create and utilize an active and adaptive learning environment;
- Fosters collaboration models within departments and across campuses for faculty to share experiences and ideas in the field of learning technologies;
- Researches and evaluates commercially produced digital learning technology for implementation into course design;
- Researches grant opportunities for online and digital learning technology and professional development;
- Actively pursues professional development opportunities;
- Collaborates with the eLearning and Instructional Innovation Center team to meet unit objectives;
- Serves on college committees as required;
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the eLearning & Instructional Innovation Center Director .
NOTICE: Required Documents
To be considered for this position, you are required to upload your resume and unofficial transcript(s). In addition, if a license or certificate is required for this position, upload proof of your current license/certificate.
- Masters required in education, curriculum design, instruction, technology, or closely related field.
- One to three years teaching or training experience in higher education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess three years of related work experience and demonstrate proficiency with personal computer usage and instructional technology, including audiovisual equipment, interactive multimedia, and computer-based learning systems.
- Strong oral, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must know and be able to apply principles of instructional design.
- Must be committed to the Laredo College philosophy and mission.
The eLearning & Instructional Design Specialist reports directly to the eLearning & Instructional Innovation Center Director.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is perform in a standard office environment.
Work inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the time.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules.
Report unsafe working conditions and behavior.
Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties.
May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed.
May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Foreign degrees require an evaluation for United States equivalency from an approved stated education agency or having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached to your online application at the time of applying. For your convenience, we have provided the following links to assist you in complying with this requirement. However, you may use any other certified transcript evaluation service. http://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/Out-of-State_Certification/Foreign_Credential_Evaluation_Services/ http://www.naces.org/members.htm
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. LC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by LC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Laredo College offers a comprehensive benefit package.To read more about our Benefits, please visit this page on our College website