Safety Services Officer ( Eligibility List)
Job Title Safety Services Officer ( Eligibility List) Posting Number S018P Classification Title
THIS POSITION IS POSTED TO ESTABLISH AN ELIGIBILITY LIST ONLY .
Patrols university property to ensure compliance with university policies, local, state, and federal laws and responds to emergency calls to protect persons or property from crimes or other hazards. May be assigned to any shift, which could include working holidays and weekends. A 40 hour, 12 month position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Patrols university property, in a vehicle or on foot, to provide security and traffic control.
2. Responds to emergency and non-emergency radio calls.
3. Provides assistance at scene of first aid incidents/accidents; also take and write incident/accident reports, including those of missing/stolen property and criminal activity.
4. Assists with conducting accident and crime investigations, securing incident scenes, and preparing associated reports and documents.
5. Provides escort services for visitors, students, staff, faculty, and individuals, provides public assistance.
6. Provides building security, including locking and unlocking doors.
7. Writes and files daily activity report with superior officer.
8. Must possess a valid California driver license and a clean driving record.
9. Must possess a valid California Department of Consumer Affairs Guard Registration Card at time of hire and maintain current registration as a condition of continued employment.
10. Must be willing to work weekends and holidays, as well as day, swing, and graveyard shifts.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to work shift assignments as required by the department, which may include working holidays and weekends.
- Ability to conduct crime deterrence and prevention programs.
- Skill in completing accident and criminal investigations.
- Skill in providing protection services to individuals on campus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, methods, and techniques in area of security function.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Skill in building security and lock procedures.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Must be able to pass a speed and accuracy typing test at a rate of twenty-five (25) words per minute or more, after adjustment for error.
- Ability to make judgment calls on sensitive, confidential issues.
- A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); and 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED CERFIFICATION / PERMITS :
Must possess the following at time of hire and maintain certification and demonstrated proficiency as a condition of continued employment:
— Valid California Drivers License and satisfactory driving record.
— Current California guard registration card and baton permit issued by the California Department of Consumer Affairs.
— Current California O.C./Pepper spray certification issued by a licensed training facility.
— Certification of training in the proper use of handcuffs issued by a licensed training facility.
— Current First Aid and CPR / AED certification from American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
Open Date 12/09/2013 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/189 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- * Do you have a Valid California Drivers License?
- * Do you have a Current California guard registration card and
baton permit issued by the California Department of Consumer
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Safety & Security Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside