Flight Instructor II (30 hours, 12 mo.)
Job Title Flight Instructor II (30 hours, 12 mo.) Posting Number S163P Classification Title
Provides flight instruction to students in a manner utilizing effective instructional techniques and in compliance with all Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), provides ground instruction to students as appropriate. 30 hours, 12 month position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist Chief Flight Instructor with administrative duties, as necessary.
2. Represent Chief Flight Instructor in their absence, as requested.
3. Provide flight instruction leading to Private, Instrument, Commercial, Multi-engine, Flight Instructor, Instrument Instructor, and Multi-engine Instructor to students in either Part 61 or Part 141 environment in technically advanced aircraft.
4. Prepare students for stage/phase checks and final check rides
5. Ensure satisfactory student progress, resolving progress issues with the Chief Flight Instructor. Ensure the operation of only airworthy aircraft in flight training activities.
6. Maintains currency with regulatory and procedural changes in the flight training environment; reviews and updates all aspects of the flight training program; ensures training materials are current.
7. Develop, recruit students for, and coach the university flight team.
8. Attend airshows, participate in marketing, and meet with prospective students and parents.
9. Participate in meetings with staff; maintains a cooperative and communicative attitude with airport officials, CBU faculty and staff, and Federal Aviation Administration ( FAA ) personnel.
10. Provides indoctrination training to students in the university’s 727 and other aircraft.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge and instructor certification appropriate to the position sought.
- Ability to safely operate single engine aircraft.
- Knowledge of various flight instruction instrumentation and equipment.
- Ability to instruct/teach/tutor in the cockpit environment and instruct/teach/tutor in the ground environment.
- Ability to perform under stressful circumstances.
- Willing to work weekends and evening as required.
- Willing to adhere to CBU Department of Aviation Science dress code.
- Willing to assist in moving aircraft in and out of hangar facilities and secure aircraft on ramp area as required.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- A thorough knowledge of Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
- Must be able to critically analyze flight student weaknesses and make recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and/or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Hold a commercial pilot certificate or an airline transport pilot certificate and a current flight instructor certificate ( CFI ).
• Possess current FAA First or Second Class medical certificate.
• Flight Instructor experience preferred.
• CFII / MEI preferred.
Open Date Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/1459 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside