Events Center Usher
Job Title Events Center Usher Posting Number S503P Classification Title
The Events Center Usher position acts as a welcoming, knowledgeable, and informative presence to guests attending scheduled activities in the University’s Events Center by performing the following duties. This is an on-call position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintain a highly visible presence to arriving guests
2. Present a pleasant demeanor while responding to guest inquiries.
3. Provide directions to assigned and general seating areas and guest facilities/services.
4. Resolve seating disputes through direct interaction and, if necessary, summoning of supervisor.
5. Report to a supervisor any urgent or concerning situations or behaviors.
6. Act as directed by supervisor to coordinate response of emergency medical or other services to occurrences within or adjacent to the Event Center.
7. Assist guests in exiting during routine and exigent circumstances.
8. Answer general questions about the University and Athletics Department.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Currently have or able to obtain a valid basic first aid certification from the American Red Cross or other recognized provider.
Ability to provide excellent customer service to guests.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
No prior experience or training required.
Open Date 08/02/2017 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/2974 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside