Athletics Equipment Service Technician (on-call)
Job Title Athletics Equipment Service Technician (on-call) Posting Number S524P Classification Title
Performs a wide variety of tasks including non-technical maintenance, repair, adjustment, and setup of Athletics facilities and equipment related to athletic contests and special events. Will identify unsatisfactory and/or unsafe conditions within the scope and work area, and collaborate with other University departments and/or vendors to attain successful resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Perform preventative and as-needed non-technical maintenance on facilities and equipment.
2. Replace, repair and adjust mechanical equipment related to athletic contests and special events.
3. Assemble pursuant to written or verbal instruction equipment related to athletic practices/contests and special events.
4. Setup game and practice equipment according to pre-determined schedules and as instructed.
5. Regularly assess the facility and equipment for unsatisfactory and/or unsafe conditions and report those observations for resolution.
6. Request parts and supplies as needed to complete tasks.
7. Document services provided and maintenance performed, using existing reporting formats.
8. Work cooperatively with other Events Center staff and employees from other departments.
9. Instruct and oversee student workers performing maintenance tasks at the Events Center.
10. Instruct and oversee the work of contract vendors providing service to Events Center facilities and equipment.
11. Perform general custodial and janitorial tasks as necessary.
12. Possess and maintain a valid California Driver License.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to understand the operation of simple mechanical processes, identify proper/improper function of those processes, and devise appropriate corrective action.
Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to the work described above.
Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 10/05/2017 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/3100 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside