Assistant Director of Payroll and Accounting
Job Title Assistant Director of Payroll and Accounting Posting Number S605P Classification Title
Performs professional accounting duties including examination analysis, maintenance, reconciliation and verification of financial records, oversight of payroll processing, and performs related work as required. Assist with the daily accounting of the University. Assist in the preparation of the month-end closing and year-end closing, including the annual audit. Applies the principles of accounting within an assigned area of accounting or group of funds by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversees, prepares, and processes payroll for the entire University and related reports via Payroll system. Ensures the accurate processing of wage and other compensation payments to employees of the University.
2. Assist in annual and interim audit preparations.
3. Reconcile bank statements, payroll, flexible spending, and Perkins.
4. Reconciliation of UAS to the General Ledger
5. Provides customer service and support to internal departments related to various accounting and payroll inquiries.
6. Participates in cross-training activities to assure office work coverage.
7. Ensures the accurate payment and reporting of all University employee benefits, in compliance with the provision of tax laws, federal/state regulations, and University policy.
8. Prepare month-end and year-end journal entries.
9. Assist in special projects as directed by the Director of Accounting and Associate Director of Accounting.
10. Supervise payroll staff to insure best practices are consistently adhered to.
Directly supervises Payroll employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of accounts payable principles, procedures, and standards.
- Knowledge of University and/or public auditing policies, standards, and procedures.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Strong investigative and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to make administrative, and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to use independent judgment, and to maintain and impart confidential information.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Accounting from four-year college or university; and five to ten years’ related experience and/or training. MBA or CPA preferred.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS : Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Open Date 06/20/2018 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/4308 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside