University Collections/Perkins Specialist
Job Title University Collections/Perkins Specialist Posting Number S653P Classification Title
Compiles, maintains, records, verifies and analyzes the collections account and Federal Perkins Program for the University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, from third party servicers for collections.
2. Process all Perkins loan payments. Verifies and posts funds received and disbursed through journal entries and balance general ledger to third party servicer’s database ( UAS ).
3. Maintain collection files: requesting and tracking payments, or placing accounts with outside agency.
4. Maintain Communications with Third-Party Servicers (i.e. resolving balance disputes and processing payments).
5. Continually reviews and evaluates the effectives of the collection agencies and determines when changes need to occur.
6. Ability to negotiate monthly payment arrangements and settlement offers.
7. Preparing monthly journal entries to the General Ledger.
8. Coordinate with Student Accounts to monitor and transfer students to the collection account.
9. Verify Perkins loan awards and transmit new loans and advances to the billing agency.
10. Maintain and coordinate due diligence requirements for the Perkins loan program.
11. Provide default management for Perkins loan borrowers by assigning to collections as required.
12. Generate monthly summary reports for Perkins and collections.
13. Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge of Perkins Federal Aid Program, including Federal guidelines and regulations.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Knowledge of general accounting principles.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS : Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Open Date 11/19/2018 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/4544 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Librarians & Library Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside