Accounts Payable Techncian
Job Title Accounts Payable Techncian Posting Number S689P Classification Title
Compiles and maintains accounts payable records by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
Demonstrates proficiency in all accounts payable procedures and CBU policies.
1. Code and input invoices from various departments.
2. Input and verify purchase orders.
3. Distribute invoices to departments for approvals.
4. Verify availability of budgeted funds of weekly requisitions.
5. Match bookstore, library, and maintenance invoices to packing slips, purchase orders and other documentation.
6. Prepares accounts payable checks to pay invoices, expense reports, and student refunds (per schedule).
7. Participates in cross-training activities to assure office work coverage.
8. Answers inquiries related to invoices, requisitions and budgeted funds.
9. Reconcile monthly accounts payable balances to the general ledger, and assist in the annual audit.
10. Prints all accounts payable reports, and maintains all accounts payable files.
11. Reconcile, code, and input credit card accounts.
12. Assists with special projects, as necessary.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS : Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Open Date 04/04/2019 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/4732 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4