Job Title Academic Advisor Posting Number S753P Classification Title
Under general supervision, provide academic advising for students and provide tools and resources to enable students to effectively register and create degree plans using online registration system. Assist in the development and leading of group enrollment and advising sessions. Facilitate the resolution of individual academic problems in cooperation with academic Deans, Department Chairs and Program Directors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Conduct group registration and information sessions to effectively achieve the university’s enrollment and retention objectives.
2. Advise students regarding academic policies, major, minor, and general education for degree completion.
3. Assist with creating and distributing a range of resource materials designed for the efficient enrollment of students in all populations.
4. Educate students regarding use of online registration system and associated tools.
5. Attend to student academic inquiries; explain degree options, sequence planning, transfer course information, and degree completion timing.
6. Maintain academic files, correspondence, and written documentation of all academic counseling interaction with students.
7. Track and process academic forms and petitions.
8. Monitor trends in major declarations and course offering needs.
9. Facilitate student retention through the compilation and completion of semester enrollment projects and reporting.
10. Assist with other Academic Advising and Student Service projects and events as requested.
11. Network with Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Student Services, and Campus Life to ensure maximum efficiency in student registration.
12. Interact regularly with academic Deans, Department Chairs, and Program Directors regarding specific student situations.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part time student workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
• A thorough knowledge of: business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
• Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
• Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
• Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
• Excellent telephone etiquette.
• Ability to resolve complaints and concerns.
• Ability to investigate and analyze information, and draw conclusions.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS : Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 08/29/2019 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/5032 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside