Tahquitz Pines On-Call / Lifeguard
Job Title Tahquitz Pines On-Call / Lifeguard Posting Number S758P Classification Title
Responsible for ensuring the safety of facility guests by preventing and responding to emergencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Current American Red Cross Lifeguard training and First Aid Certification.
2. Recognize and respond effectively in emergencies.
3. Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations.
4. Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the supervisor.
5. Complete records and reports.
6. Participate in regular in-service training sessions.
7. Exercise regularly to maintain fitness level (strength and endurance).
8. Assist in providing support where needed, which could include but not limited to: meal preparation for campers, kitchen/dining room clean-up, housekeeping duties and volunteer coordination.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Thorough knowledge and application of lifeguarding surveillance and rescue techniques.
Ability and understanding of facility characteristics, rules, policies and procedures.
Ability to exercise regularly to maintain a fitness level as required in the lifeguard certification process.
Ability to work on an as-needed basis with the possibility of short-term notice.
Ability to work with, and alongside, volunteer workers.
Ability to work on your feet for long periods of time.
Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with adults, youth, and the general public.
Have a Christian faith commitment, and an interest in working in a Christian camp setting.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certificate and First-Aid Certification.
Open Date 09/03/2019 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/5044 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside