Vice President for Marketing and Communication
Job Title Vice President for Marketing and Communication Posting Number S773P Classification Title
The Vice President for Marketing and Communication serves as California Baptist University’s chief marketing and public relations officer. Under the supervision of the President, the Vice President oversees the development and maintenance of a multi-faceted marketing, communication and media program that includes University newsletters, external publications, marketing materials and advertising; management of the University’s Web site and its content and design; assistance with special events hosted by the University, particularly those connected with the Offices of the President, University Advancement, and other support and academic areas; assistance with the design and content of direct mailings; and daily relations with secular and denominational media contacts throughout California, the region, and the nation.
In addition, the Vice President for Marketing and Communication serves California Baptist University as the official spokesperson with matters related to the media. This shall be done in cooperation with the University President and the Executive Council officers.
The Vice President for Marketing and Communication closely coordinates annual goals and objectives to drive and support those initiatives which seek to recruit prospective students and to better inform and involve current and future friends of the University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serve on the University’s Executive Council.
2. Serve as the University’s chief marketing and public relations officer.
3. Manage the daily operations of the Division of Marketing and Communication.
4. Serve as communication counsel to the President and other members of the Executive Council.
5. Lead, develop and execute a comprehensive, long-term and proactive University-wide marketing, communication and branding strategy.
6. Develop and manage campaigns that drive digital engagement and conversion, as well as components conducive to the enrollment growth of the University.
7. Build campaigns that clearly reflect the brand in strategic positioning, visual presentation and in the content and tone.
8. Work closely with Data & Analytics for ongoing analysis of and reporting on campaign results, including formal Lessons Learned and integration of learnings into future projects.
9. Coordinate all external publications and advertising promoting the University.
10. Manage the University’s Website by supervising its content and design, and by overseeing its frequent updating.
11. Seek media opportunities for the administration, students, faculty, and staff of the University.
12. Work toward a successful achievement of the University’s Strategic Planning document by fulfilling the responsibilities of the Division of Marketing and Communication.
13. Manage the creativity of the University’s marketing publications, advertising, press releases, etc.
14. Conduct frequent market research in the form of focus groups, mailed questionnaires, and telephone interviews. This research should be done in cooperation with the offices of the President, University Advancement, Admissions, Institutional Research, and others as deemed by the President.
15. Identify current and potential target groups and effectively communicate the University’s message to them.
16. Serve as the editor of the University’s magazine for alumni and friends—Roundtable—and manage the responsibilities that pertain to its layout, design, content, publication and distribution.
17. Maintain excellent relations with secular and denominational media throughout California, the region, and the nation.
18. Serve as the University’s official spokesperson by organizing and hosting press conferences and conducting media interviews.
19. Position will require evening and weekend work and travel, a valid driver’s license, a good driving record and reliable transportation.
20. Stay abreast of trends in higher education marketing.
21. Perform other duties as assigned by the President of California Baptist University.
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body and the community.
Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
Master’s degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 11/04/2019 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/5133 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside