Vice President for Marketing and Communication
The Vice President for Marketing and Communication serves as
California Baptist University’s chief marketing and public
relations officer. Under the supervision of the President, the Vice
President oversees the development and maintenance of a
multi-faceted marketing, communication and media program that
includes University newsletters, external publications, marketing
materials and advertising; management of the University’s Web site
and its content and design; assistance with special events hosted
by the University, particularly those connected with the Offices of
the President, University Advancement, and other support and
academic areas; assistance with the design and content of direct
mailings; and daily relations with secular and denominational media
contacts throughout California, the region, and the nation.
In addition, the Vice President for Marketing and Communication
serves California Baptist University as the official spokesperson
with matters related to the media. This shall be done in
cooperation with the University President and the Executive Council
The Vice President for Marketing and Communication closely
coordinates annual goals and objectives to drive and support those
initiatives which seek to recruit prospective students and to
better inform and involve current and future friends of the
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serve on the University’s Executive Council.
2. Serve as the University’s chief marketing and public relations
3. Manage the daily operations of the Division of Marketing and
4. Serve as communication counsel to the President and other
members of the Executive Council.
5. Lead, develop and execute a comprehensive, long-term and
proactive University-wide marketing, communication and branding
6. Develop and manage campaigns that drive digital engagement and
conversion, as well as components conducive to the enrollment
growth of the University.
7. Build campaigns that clearly reflect the brand in strategic
positioning, visual presentation and in the content and tone.
8. Work closely with Data & Analytics for ongoing analysis of
and reporting on campaign results, including formal Lessons Learned
and integration of learnings into future projects.
9. Coordinate all external publications and advertising promoting
10. Manage the University’s Website by supervising its content and
design, and by overseeing its frequent updating.
11. Seek media opportunities for the administration, students,
faculty, and staff of the University.
12. Work toward a successful achievement of the University’s
Strategic Planning document by fulfilling the responsibilities of
the Division of Marketing and Communication.
13. Manage the creativity of the University’s marketing
publications, advertising, press releases, etc.
14. Conduct frequent market research in the form of focus groups,
mailed questionnaires, and telephone interviews. This research
should be done in cooperation with the offices of the President,
University Advancement, Admissions, Institutional Research, and
others as deemed by the President.
15. Identify current and potential target groups and effectively
communicate the University’s message to them.
16. Serve as the editor of the University’s magazine for alumni and
friends—Roundtable—and manage the responsibilities that pertain to
its layout, design, content, publication and distribution.
17. Maintain excellent relations with secular and denominational
media throughout California, the region, and the nation.
18. Serve as the University’s official spokesperson by organizing
and hosting press conferences and conducting media
19. Position will require evening and weekend work and travel, a
valid driver’s license, a good driving record and reliable
20. Stay abreast of trends in higher education marketing.
21. Perform other duties as assigned by the President of California
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and
evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities
in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance;
rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and
judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general
office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of
Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to
work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body and
Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special
Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control
procedures and documentation.
Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and
Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures,
formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw
Education and/or Experience
Master’s degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
Remove from Web
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to
discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its
purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either
State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4