Assistant Men’s Wrestling Coach
Job Title Assistant Men’s Wrestling Coach Posting Number S785P Classification Title
Under general supervision, assists in coaching duties for the sport assigned at California Baptist University. Assists with aspects of the program that may include recruitment, training and/or strength training for athletic competition by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Understand and agree to abide by the mission of CBU and the CBU Athletics Department.
2. Assists head coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition using sound principles and judgment consistent with the philosophy of CBU Athletics.
3. Assists with the design of workout programs and training routines to improve athletic performance.
4. Assists as directed with implementing and supervising athletic training, strength, and conditioning workouts; provides technical support and training to athletes, as appropriate to the sport.
5. Participates in various fundraising, marketing, and promotion activities.
6. May perform administrative duties including ordering and maintaining equipment, monitoring budgets, and initiating correspondence.
7. Assist in coaching all sport practices throughout the season, taking attendance at all practices.
8. Keep records and statistics during games and as directed by the Head Coach.
9. Monitor and coordinate team social media in cooperation with the sports information and marketing department.
10. Motivate team for maximum performance by utilizing motivational philosophies that meet the needs of the students and that are consistent with the CBU Athletic Program philosophy.
11. Display good sportsmanship in relationship with students, staff, officials and opponents as consistent with NCAA policies regarding the principle of sportsmanship and ethical conduct.
12. Effectively manage time in a demanding work environment.
13. Assist in recruiting and following up with qualified student athletes by phone, e-mail or through on-campus visits. Within the framework of CBU and NCAA policies, recruit prospective student-athletes who are of the level necessary to be successful academically and athletically.
14. Assist with video editing.
15. Adhere to all, sport, institutional, conference and NCAA by-laws and regulations.
16. Ensure the physical, emotional, and social welfare of student-athletes.
17. Establish and ensure a safe environment for student-athletes.
18. Support the head coach in monitoring and reinforcing all NCAA bylaws and procedures.
This position has no supervisory duties.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
Knowledge of applicable team or individual sports and playing rules.
Demonstrated competitive coaching skills in area of sporting specialty.
Organizing and coordinating skills.
Knowledge of strengthening and conditioning programs and routines.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to read and follow technical instructions and manuals.
Skills in the use of first aid procedures.
Knowledge of CPR and emergency medical procedures.
Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Ability to travel, including domestic/international air travel, and work nights/weekends.
Ability to effectively assist the head coach in arranging home and away contests according to conference and NCAA requirements and submit travel paperwork and NCAA pass lists on time.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. NCAA experience preferred.
Open Date 12/13/2019 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/5378 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4