Maintenance Technician II - On-Call
Job Title Maintenance Technician II - On-Call Posting Number S777P Classification Title
Performs a wide range of facilities services tasks including technical maintenance of structural, plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilation, and/or air conditioning facilities and equipment, at a level not requiring formal licensure. May be required to perform tasks of other unlicensed trades, such as a light equipment operator, carpenter, painter, and/or locksmith.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Limited supervision of general maintenance technicians, contractors, student workers and volunteers.
2. May supervise and direct work of carpentry maintenance tasks including routine sheet rock/drywall installation and/or repair, window replacement, cabinet and countertop replacement, painting and texturing, and door and hardware installation; paint interior and exterior finishes, as appropriate.
3. Monitors and performs non-technical maintenance of plumbing systems, to include standard repair of leaking fixtures, cleaning obstructed waste lines, installing piping systems, and/or performing non-technical modifications to plumbing and water supply systems; assists licensed plumbing contractors, as required.
4. Monitors performance of heating, ventilation, and cooling systems for the facility; performs standard repair/replacement of components, as appropriate, and non-technical maintenance tasks such as cleaning of heating and cooling fan coil units, adjustment of system controls and replacement of filters. Assist licensed HVAC contractors as required.
5. Monitors, maintains, and performs standard repairs to building electrical facilities and systems, such as tubes, fixtures, switches, photo cells, and outlets; assists licensed electrical contractors with non-technical repairs and installations as required.
6. May be required to perform general custodial, and janitorial tasks as required.
7. May repair and service kitchen, food service and janitorial equipment.
8. Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
9. Documents facilities maintenance requirements; maintains appropriate records of work performed.
10. Attends regular safety meetings (when available) and works in a safe manner.
11. A valid California driver’s license is required.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction and training to employees or part-time Student Workers. Could be responsible for directing/coordinating with outside contractors and/or volunteers.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge and experience in general maintenance procedures, including electrical, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, concrete work, painting, plastering, etc.
Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
Ability to repair and maintain appliances, and heating and cooling equipment.
Knowledge of one or more building trades.
Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions, and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to use independent judgment, and to manage and impart confidential information.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
Vocational / technical training in a directly related craft area with 3 or more years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS : Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Open Date 11/06/2019 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/5141 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside