Assistant STUNT Coach
Job Title Assistant STUNT Coach Posting Number S783P Classification Title
Under general supervision, assists in coaching duties for STUNT the sport at California Baptist University. Assists with aspects of the program that primarily include game day preparation and performance, recruitment, practice organization, training and/or strength training for athletic competition. Help with the formation of a STUNT program by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Understand and agree to abide by the mission of CBU and the CBU Athletics Department.
2. Assists head coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition using sound principles and judgment consistent with the philosophy of CBU Athletics.
3. Assists with establishing a competitive STUNT program to be implemented in the 2020-21 academic year.
4. Assist in recruiting of a competitive roster of 25 student-athletes to compete on the STUNT team by Spring 2021, and 40 student-athletes to compete by academic year 2021-22. Follow up with qualified student athletes by phone, e-mail or through on campus visits. Within the framework of CBU, USA Cheer and NCAA policies, recruit prospective student-athletes who are of the level necessary to be successful academically and athletically.
5. Assists with the design of workout programs and training routines to improve athletic performance.
6. Assists as directed with implementing and supervising athletic training, strength and conditioning workouts; provides technical support and training to athletes, as appropriate to the sport.
7. Assist in coaching all sport practices throughout the season, taking attendance at all practices.
8. Assist in planning the training of the team for season.
9. Motivate team for maximum performance by utilizing motivational philosophies that meet the needs of the students and that are consistent with the CBU Athletic Program philosophy.
10. Display good sportsmanship in relationship with students, staff, officials and opponents as consistent with NCAA and USA Cheer policies regarding the principle of sportsmanship and ethical conduct.
11. Maintain up-to-date information of sport regulations, rule changes, CBU and USA Cheer policies.
12. Effectively manage time in a demanding work environment and Respond to all administrative correspondence in the requested timeframe and attend all staff meetings.
13. Students will receive instruction and spiritual guidance that will lead to positive values, acceptable behavior, and self-discipline consistent with the philosophy of athletics at CBU .
14. Adhere to all institutional, conference, USA Cheer and NCAA by-laws and regulations.
15. Ensure the physical, emotional, and social welfare of student-athletes.
16. Establish and ensure a safe environment for student-athletes.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Knowledge of coaching theory and techniques.
Abiltiy to travel, including domestic/international air travel, and work nights/weekends.
Knowledge in the care and prevention of athletic injuries.
Ability to be a positive reqresentative of the University at all times.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control procedures.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 12/11/2019 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/5374 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4