Financial Aid Advisor
Job Title Financial Aid Advisor Posting Number S790P Classification Title
Under general supervision, advises and counsels students and parents regarding the financial aid process and provides information on available programs, procedures and eligibility in a professional and timely manner. Will monitor all incoming calls and analyze student data to verify the integrity of documentation (e.g., Tax Return, Social Security, etc.) to determine eligibility for student aid programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serve as the first contact for the Financial Aid Department with greeting visitors to the office and providing information and materials.
2. Advise students and families regarding all Federal, State and University financial aid programs, including application procedures, budgeting, money and time management, maintaining eligibility and other general questions via phone and front counter.
3. Analyzes student data and checks for completeness and accuracy of documentation (Tax Return, Verification Worksheet).
4. Processes documents for the initial and follow-up evaluation.
5. Participates in outreach projects, financial aid seminars, student orientations, and workshops held on campus and at off-site locations.
6. Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files.
7. Answers and screens Department’s telephone calls.
8. Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
9. Make copies; send faxes, or email correspondence, or other printed materials.
10. Maintains document tracking log daily as documents are received.
11. Assists students and parents in the front office, including, but not limited to, completing financial aid paperwork, submitting online FAFSAs, and answering questions.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills with a service oriented focus using tact, diplomacy, patience and a high degree of sensitivity and responsiveness to a broad cross-section of students and parents dealing with financial or crisis situations.
Ability to work with frequent interruptions, changing priorities, and multiple deadlines.
Knowledge of federal, state, and university regulations governing financial aid programs.
Working knowledge of CARS CX computer software in order to answer questions for students is desirable.
General knowledge of departments and offices of the University, their functions, policies and procedures to make student referrals.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to relate positively and effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 12/20/2019 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/5389 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Financial Aid Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside