Receptionist for Athletic Ticketing and Sales
Job Title Receptionist for Athletic Ticketing and Sales Posting Number S793P Classification Title
This position is to act as the main receptionist for Athletic Ticketing and Sales, External Relations, Commencement, Media Production and Lancer Athletic Association offices by performing the following duties; also provides secretarial/administrative support for Ticketing and External Relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Serves as receptionist for the Athletic Ticketing and Sales, External Relations, Commencement, Lancer Athletic Association, and Media Production departments by greeting visitors to the office and providing information and materials in a professional manner.
2. Presents a positive and supportive image of California Baptist University.
3. Provides quality customer service to internal and external constituencies.
4. Answers and screens telephone calls for all departments as needed.
5. Processes and distributes incoming mail to offices stated above.
6. Provides secretarial and general administrative support for all offices as needed by thoroughly and accurately preparing the following: correspondence (email, faxes, memoranda, etc.), reports, accounting requisitions, Excel spreadsheets, other basic clerical duties.
7. Schedules appointments for Director of Ticketing and Sales and Associate AD for External Relations and maintains accurate departmental records, files, and appropriate databases.
8. Keeps record of budget and expenses for Director of Ticketing and Sales and Associate AD for External Relations.
9. Prepares daily accounting reports for Ticketing and Sales, detailing previous day’s transactions and sending that information to CBU Accounting.
10. Composes and types routine correspondence to customers, fans, and sponsors.
11. Conducts information and sales calls to local businesses, non-profits, schools and fans as part of season ticket and individual game campaigns.
12. Helps edit flyers and vouchers used to promote ticketing sales opportunities.
13. Conducts research online to help create prospective customer lists and donor database.
14. Sends coaches weekly camp reports, detailing camp revenue and registration totals.
15. Assists CBU prospective graduates with commencement ticketing and other requests.
16. Act as the main “dispatcher” for Commencement ceremonies – directing program personalities and volunteers to their correct stations and giving accurate information.
17. Orders and maintains office supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to handle an abundant number of phone calls relating to ticketing, commencement and development.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Excellent telephone courtesy knowledge and experience.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns in a polite manner.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Publisher
Experience with Photoshop or similar applications.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); or one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 01/09/2020 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/5397 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside