UI Web Developer
Job Title UI Web Developer Posting Number S811P Classification Title
This position supports the development and maintenance of the university’s marketing web portfolio, custom in-house web applications, databases, as well as facilitates training on use of the university’s web content management system. The UI Web Developer also plays a critical role in exploring the use of technology in the implementation of marketing programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist the Senior Web Services Manager in maximizing the availability and usefulness of the university marketing web portfolio by managing content, developing new features, maintaining databases and training web content managers in various departments.
2. Design, develop and maintain internal web applications based on user requirements and project plans.
3. Develop systems that help advise marketing staff with additional insight into web visitor activity and preferences.
4. Suggest and develop new site features that increase visitor engagement and conversion.
5. Recommend and implement changes to information architecture and taxonomy of the university marketing web portfolio to maximize usability and accessibility for site visitors to find meaningful content.
6. Organize university’s marketing web portfolio content and structure for usability and search engine optimization.
7. Maintain middleware to connect university’s marketing web portfolio with university technology systems.
8. Explore ways to automate and streamline processes.
9. Build UI/UX wireframes.
10. Translation of UI/UX design wireframes to actual code to produce the visual elements of the web application.
11. Assist Senior Web Services Manager in administering multiple web servers and software systems to support the university’s marketing web portfolio.
12. Explore new opportunities to engage with prospective students, current students, donors and alumni through the use of existing and emerging communication technologies.
13. Collaborate and work proactively with university marketing staff and other internal clients to assess and implement technical opportunities that advance university marketing objectives.
14. Manage multiple concurrent projects while maintaining high standards of excellence, conformity to university graphic standards and positive, cooperative attitude.
15. Meet project deadlines set by supervisor. Proactively communicate with supervisor when completion by deadline in jeopardy.
16. Share and consistently express division’s commitment to express Christ’s attitude of service, excellence, humility and dignity in each interaction with university clients and external vendors.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Proficient-level skills with following programming languages and applications:
- Relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Working knowledge of Responsive Design
- Content management systems (e.g. OU Campus, Wordpress, etc.)
- Software Version Control Systems (i.e. Git-based platforms like Bitbucket, GitHub, etc.)
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Web browsers (IE/Edge, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.)
- Proficient-level skills with following standard workplace applications:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Proficient-level written and verbal communications skills.
• A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
• Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
• Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
• Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
• Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
• Ability to create, compose and edit written materials.
• Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 03/09/2020 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/5458 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Marketing & Sales Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside