Campus Store Head Cashier
Job Title Campus Store Head Cashier Posting Number S804P Classification Title
Performs a variety of duties in support of the Campus Store operations such as head cashiering, training of student and staff cashiers, maintaining cash vault and general merchandising. May be required to work evenings and weekends and at off-campus locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Ensures excellent customer service and first-rate sales floor maintenance.
2. Prepares sales floor and cash registers for daily openings and nightly closings.
3. Trains student and staff cashiers on use of cash registers.
4. Assists with maintaining accuracy of inventory and pricing of merchandise.
5. Maintains orderliness of sales floor shelves and displays.
6. Assists with annual, and periodic, inventory counts and verifications.
7. Assists with sales floor merchandising and stocking, and ordering.
8. Responsible for managing weekly and periodic work schedules for all student employees, and approving their timecards.
9. Schedules and works with student employees at weekend and evening events as needed.
10. Receives and receipts a variety of payments and other cash and cash-related transactions; verifies and posts to appropriate accounts; issues receipts.
11. May answer telephones, set up accounts, post invoices, prepare routine billings, and file cashiering documents
This position is responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to staff cashiers and part-time student workers, in order to complete work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Strong communication skills to provide customer service as a first priority of daily duties.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Strong organizational skills and detailed oriented.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or university; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS : Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Open Date Remove from Web 02/18/2020 Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/5431 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside