Financial Aid Technician II
Job Title Financial Aid Technician II Posting Number S810P Classification Title
Under general supervision, this position will support the Assistant Director in the day-to-day operations of report writing, data analysis, and document management. This position is also responsible for Title IV verification and FAFSA review and correspondence to students and families about financial documents, including but not limited to, the financial aid offer and missing document emails.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support report writer for the Financial Aid Office. This includes maintaining current reports, rebuilding old reports, and writing new reports for the Office and for other University entities.
2. Assist in annual surveys and reports, and analyze data for office needs.
3. Help maintain the office’s file management system, communication flow and internal software.
4. Process federal verifications and all other missing documents generated from the federal comment codes on the student’s FAFSA . This includes performing electronic verification on student records via our Campus Logic software system. This requires detailed knowledge of the federal student aid verification process and requires forms and documentation to comply with the U.S. Department of Education.
5. Maintain document integrity between Campus Logic, CX contacts, and tracking a student’s file complete process. This includes comprehensive knowledge of the software used, its function and relationship to our document flow process and file complete status.
6. Follow up with all correspondence between Campus Logic and its users, including creating and training new users within our department and other university departments.
7. Manage all incoming and outgoing correspondence within the Campus Logic system for students and their families.
8. Mail out electronic notifications to alert prospective freshmen and continuing students about award offer letters and missing documents.
9. Run periodic reports to facilitate the prompt delivery of completed files to counselors for review and awarding.
10. Other duties may be assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Strong skills in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Ability to investigate and analyze information to draw conclusions.
Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university; and/or two to four years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, experience or training.
Open Date 03/04/2020 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/5455 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside