Safety Services Dispatcher I
Job Title Safety Services Dispatcher I Posting Number S820P Classification Title
Participates in maintaining a safe, secure campus through making and receiving routine and emergency communications by telephone and two-way radio while keeping accurate records of activities using a Computer Aided Dispatch ( CAD ) system. Monitors all campus surveillance systems, as well as fire, intrusion, and panic alarm systems, and relays information from these systems to field personnel. Distributes information to campus community members and visitors upon request, and performs clerical tasks related to the running of the Safety Services office. May be assigned to any shift, which could include working holidays and weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Receive and make routine and emergency communications by telephone and two-way radio.
2. Enter and retrieve information from a Computer Aided Dispatch ( CAD ) software program.
3. Prioritize incoming telephone, radio, and in-person communications to make an initial commitment of resources.
4. Accurately relay information from telephone, radio, and in-person communications to accomplish tasks and employer goals.
5. Perform clerical tasks related to the successful operation of the Safety Services dispatch position.
6. Monitor all campus surveillance systems as well as fire, intrusion, and panic alarms, and relay relevant information to field personnel.
7. Ensure that telephone, radio, surveillance, and alarm systems are operating properly, and report malfunctions to designated supervisor.
8. Work cooperatively with other Safety Services employees, and other departments of the University in the area of emergency operations, crime prevention, service requests, and providing information to community members and visitors.
9. Maintain a lifestyle consistent with sound Christian principles, and the most recent distribution of the Baptist Faith and Message Statement.
This position could be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers, in order to complete work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures and practices.
Skill to type a minimum of 40 words per minute on a standard personal computer keyboard.
Ability to pass a comprehensive background and psychological examination.
Ability to develop and implement problem solving solutions to simple and complex situations, using University and department guidelines.
Ability to work any shift, including weekends and holidays.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to use independent judgment, and to manage and impart confidential information.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge and experience.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information, and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); and six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 06/19/2020 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/5553 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Safety & Security Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside