Tahquitz Pines Conference Center Assistant located in Idyllwild, CA
Job Title Tahquitz Pines Conference Center Assistant located in Idyllwild, CA Posting Number S405P Classification Title
Responsible for working with the Tahquitz Pines Management team.
For more information contact Janet Clark at (951) 659-2934.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist in providing support where needed, which could include but not limited to: meal preparation for campers, kitchen/dining room clean-up, maintain camp grounds, and volunteer coordination.
2. Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
3. Respond to user’s concerns, problems or complaints in a timely manner, maintaining a customer service philosophy that is responsive and strives to improve camp safety, security and accessibility.
4. Report all needed maintenance of buildings, lawns, pool, landscaping, to Maintenance Department in a timely manner.
5. Assist in the preparation of all housing/conference meeting rooms for our guest/rental groups.
6. Assist in the proper service and maintenance of all facilities while campers are present, including refilling of paper supplies to all restrooms and meeting areas.
7. Assisting in the preparing of meals for all guest/rental groups.
8. Assisting in the serving of meals for all guest/rental groups.
9. Be involved in the cleaning of the entire Food Service area, including the kitchen, serving area, and the dining hall after each meal.
10. ServSafe California Food Handler certification may be required.
11. Be involved in the cleaning of all facilities after campers leave in preparation for upcoming groups.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to work on an as-needed basis with the possibility of short-term notice.
Ability to lift/unload food and supplies from vehicles to store in kitchen.
Ability to operate and maintain kitchen equipment safely.
Ability to work with, and alongside, volunteer workers.
Ability to work on your feet for long periods of time.
Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
Knowledge of food service management and safety.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with adults, youth, and the general public.
Ability to interpret written menus and meal plans.
Have a Christian faith commitment, and an interest in working in a Christian camp setting.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 02/10/2017 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/2574 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside
- Food Services Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Riverside