Job Title Bus Driver Posting Number S006P Classification Title
Performs work in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe transportation of passengers to and from various destinations. Additional responsibilities include maintaining a variety of records, such as time at each stop, purpose of trip, number of passengers per day, mileage, and vehicle maintenance. (This is an On-Call position.)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Drives CBU bus/s for the purpose of transporting passengers over scheduled routes to and from CBU in a safe and timely manner.
2. Maintain a variety of records: driving time, purpose of trip, mileage and vehicle maintenance.
3. Knowledge and comply with traffic and highway safety rules and regulations.
4. Clean the bus as scheduled and/or required.
5. Ensure the bus is safely and securely stored.
6. Assesses incidents, complaints, accidents and/or potential emergency situations (e.g. road hazards, medical emergencies, accidents, etc.) for the purpose of resolving and/or recommending a resolution to the situation.
7. Assists students and other passengers for the purpose of providing safe loading and unloading from buses during normal transport and emergency situations.
8. Fuels assigned vehicle (e.g. oil, water, fuel, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining vehicle in a safe operating condition.
9. Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections (e.g. fluid levels, tire pressure, exterior condition, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the safe operating condition of the vehicle and complying with mandated guidelines.
10. Maintains and keeps log book accurate and complete for CHP inspection.
11. Reports defects or maintenance problems with vehicle to supervisor.
12. Establish and ensure a safe environment for student-athletes or other passengers.
13. Understand and agree to abide by the mission of CBU and the CBU Athletics Department.
14. A valid California Class “B” is required and clean DMV record.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability and skill to operate a small bus.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Driver must possess a valid class B driver’s license with a passenger endorsement and medical card (physical).
- Ability to pass a random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident drug and alcohol tests.
- Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Ability to enter information into existing recordkeeping systems.
- Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree ( GED ); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Open Date 12/06/2013 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/162 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter
- Other Document